Discovery window removal.. a bit O/T

Young Pretender

Very much o/t but I could really do with the collective wisdom of WSCC!!

I broke the NS rear quarter window on my discovery 2 when I slid into a tree greenlaning.  Poor manoeuvring on my part really.  It's basically just a piece of glass bonded to the car body.  Been shopping around for a fitted replacement and out of principle I don't want to pay £150+ sheets.  I can get what I need on ebay but they all come from a scrappy and have an inch of metal around the side where they have been butchered off the donor. 

I reckon they could be a PITA to remove without breaking - was wondering whether some kind of silicone dissolver would do the trick like when I removed the Westy windscreen (tenuous link see) :)

It's this window:

CVB102380-1.jpg

All help gratefully received 

Cheers

mark

if you get a glass from a scrap yard any local screen company should cut it out and fit it for about £30 -£40

Could it have not been vandal damage £60 excess ,just a thought !!

You would really consider insurance fraud for a saving of £50 --  blimey !!

Turns out there is a method called 'sawing' which is done with window wire (or some form of wire).  Not sure if anyone has tried this but there you go.. always something new to learn!

cheese wire ,only usefull on none capsulated glass