Suspension brands

John K

Mid September Mr Grumpy will be in the garage for a gearbox swap, I'm thinking about a suspension makeover at the same time.

I want a nice compliant road setup, a bit more GT'ish

Do I look for a particular brand? For example I have heard Spax are all pretty hard, or does each manufacturer have a range of rates from hard to soft.

And because I just want road use, can I go for 'simpler' components with less adjustments etc as I can just set it up and leave it.

Cheers

Hello.

I am having all my shocks and springs replaced on Friday at Blink Motorsport.

Buttercup is only used on the road and Blink recommended Protech shocks.

Protech have been great on my car too, road and track. The important thing is to have them valved to match our light cars, most shocks are designed for much heavier vehicles and can end up over-damped.

Protech +1 Got mine from ProComp in B'Ham, they re-valve them to suit.

Anyone can order dampers valved to their own spec. The key is knowing the spec you want and having the damper dyno to measure and then be able to analyse the results.

Fortunately BLiNK also have those facilities  ;) 

(And a rapidly mounting set of race wins and high scores to go with it!)

• Like 1

You won't go far wrong with Protech. Good product at a good price and nice people to deal with. Just make they are valved correctly and matched as a pair. Both Blink and Procomp can do this.