F1 SPA

Paul Gibney - Lancashire AO

Yet another reason not to watch F1.

The fans reaction to nico's second place on the podium was an embarrassment .

• Like 1

If what's just coming out in the press is correct then it would appear booing and more was entirely deserved. However they didn't know that so uncalled for.

It was only a few seasons back that Hamilton was driving like a kiddie on the dodgems.

What goes around, comes around.

But I'm not an objective observer as I don't like Hamilton as a personality. He's a touch too petulant for my liking.

F1 needs a few more Buttons and Webbers in the sport, good lads...

I will keep watching though because I am one of the mugs Suzi was intended to snag... I hate myself for being so weak...

I will keep watching though because I am one of the mugs Suzi was intended to snag... I hate myself for being so weak...

That'll be Susie Wolff then?

IMHO I think he robbed fans of a battle royale .. a chance for wheel to wheel racing for 44 laps, instead he committed the ultimate racing mistake, colliding with his team mate and ultimatly ruining the weekend for the whole team, the post race comments from Lauda and Toto said it all.

Plus if the facts are right coming out of the Merc' post race meeting are correct the booing was very premature but justified as it appears he may have done it on purpose, which is a real shame.

Love or loathe Lewis he has had his fair share of bad luck this season

Wonder if they will both be driving for Mercedes next year ?

Stupid move by Nico, which would have been accepted if only his car had been damaged. As it was to then not win the race when a 1,2 was looking very likely must have really hurt everyone in the team.

Mercedes had 1st & 2nd, and then Rosberg gets adventurous and they end up with just second.  If I was bankrolling that, Rosberg wouldn't be on the payroll anymore.

Whatever you think of team orders, one has always applied - don't take both cars out, and Rosberg did.  It reminds me of Schumaker and Hill.

Keep fighting Michael

It's not just a team issue, if it could have been avoided but the driver chooses not to then he has no regard to anyone's health either. Admitted that the collision was on a relatively slow corner for Spa, surely he knows that his opponent will still try to drive flat out in a dangerous car. Deserves a 3 race ban in my opinion.

Maybe he was desperate to get past because he can't trust hammy to follow team orders.

I feel the headlines on this are very misleading, Rosberg did not hit him to prove a point, he tried to put in a hard pass to prove a point. Quite different IMO

I think most people could see this brewing for a while.

Anyway hats off to Riccardo who is proving to be a class act, and must be making his teammate the third most annoyed driver in the paddock :d

I agree with Doug, Hamilton has done more than his fair share of aggressive moves, some off which didn't pan out.

When he took people out it was always heroic bad luck and not that he was an impetuous silly billy

But Hamiltons status as a British driver means Rosberg will be hung out to dry in our media.

And yeah, Hamilton is all in favour of following orders when they favour him, remember what happened last time when told to let Rosberg pass. Teddy came out the pram.

And Alonzo is a bad tempered sod even when he's winning, how will we tell the difference?

Ricardo is a good lad in the Weber mould. Hope he does well...

• Like 1

Those team orders you refer to were plainly ridiculous. Mercedes even said they were a mistake. Hamilton didn't throw his toys out of the pram either. He simply said Nico would have to overtake him rather than simply being let by.

What Nico has admitted is he could have avoided the crash. Whatever spin you want to put on it that's what he has done.

Nico looked sheepish and guilty from the moment he got out of his car!

That tells me more than all the analysis, media and team statements.

Anybody could avoid a crash... It's easy, just don't try... :d

Hamilton is just mumping because he doesn't like it when the rough and tumble goes against him for a change.

Don't get me wrong, I am not Rosberg FanBoy I just don't like the big "We hate Nico, Hamilton is a poor little mite" vibe that's going on at the mo.

British TV companies pay £ millions to show F1 and if a Brit is not winning huge numbers ( myself included) stop watching and wait to see the highlights on the news. Yesterdays stupidity is great news for TV income but as Tricky said he should have a ban imposed or we are just encouraging stupid and dangerous behaviour, footballer just push and bite each other, stupid outbursts in motor sport can kill and appropriate punishment should apply. 

• Like 1

Iain is correct, the British need a German to hate. Remember the Hill Scumacher fights? All this overshadows other good things in this year in my opinion. Riccardo has trounced his team mate, a three time world champion. The car he drives is poor but he has the same as Vettle and he does make it work. Williams and Bottas on the way back up. 

Hamilton needs to dig deep and drive full on all the time. if he gets in front on pole he will win, stop whinging and be the bigger man. Rosberg is fast but Hamilton is better he needs to concentrate on his game not others.