Good spec XE engine.

Crash test dummy

Vauxhall 2.0 XE

This engine is a saucy combination of new and used elements. It is effectively my spare hillclimb engine’s bottom end (did one short season from new) totally refreshed with a newly ported head and many other new parts added in to the mix. Should give 225bhp or more depending on induction and exhaust.

Head:

New and un-run Robert Cox ported and flowed head. Standard sized re-graded valves, new Piper double valve springs and new Piper steel valve retainers. New valve stem seals. QED Q450 cams with new lightweight solid lifters (not converted hydraulics) and blue Piper vernier cam pullies. Powder coated black cam cover with front lip machined off - more suited to a dry sump application but a standard type cover is available.

Block:

87mm high compression Accralite forged pistons, steel H beam rods with new and un-run ARP2000 rod bolts. Bores are as good as new with honing still clearly visible - no wear at all. De-stressed block, balanced early crank with std/std journals all unmarked. Rare early billet steel timing wheel (good for high revs). New and un-run Mahle tri-metal bearings. Brand new OE quality oil pump. Water pump with cast metal impeller (i.e not the plastic version) with a nearly new pair of early type idler pullies. New cam belt. New OE gaskets all round.

£1650 - no offers please..

Another engine for sale Steve?  You trying to tempt me again?

Actually mine is running great and if anyone else is thinking of buying an XE off Steve, you won't be disappointed.

Actually mine is running great and if anyone else is thinking of buying an XE off Steve, you won't be disappointed.

Jeez it's tempting me! Will have to save my pocket money for a while yet though.

Matt

I can second that . steve knows how to build a good engine

Bernie....is this a hint ?

Zetec went off today......should never have driven the Levante !

Are you on commission ?

Not a hint for you, just stick with yer Xflow, You know it makes sense.

Bernie, I end up with so many good bits that it's a shame not to put them all together into a nice package for somebody to enjoy........... and I need the space

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, is this still for sale, a friend of mine may be interested???

PM on the wing

Cheers :yes:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.