Ty Croes Parade Lap 2014! 7th September

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Lancashire & Cheshire Car Club and MG Car Club NW warmly invite you to the

WSCC MEMBERS VISIT and PARADE LAP

Weekend 6 & 7 September Parade: 7 September 2014
FREE ENTRANCE TICKETS

This was a fantastic event last year, and a great opportunity to enjoy a couple of laps round the Ty Croes circuit, behind the Pace Car. Entry to the event is free, as is over night camping. You WILL require tickets in advance though, (from me), or you will be charged on the gate.

The sprint takes place both Saturday and Sunday, the 6th and 7th of September. With the parade lap, held, just like last year over the Sunday lunchtime break,

Again just like last year, its open to anyone with a full UK drivers license, (which you must bring to signing on), with the exception of drivers competing in the Sprint. (Sorry folks, that's an MSA requirement, outside our control).

Please see the attached invitation for full details. 2014 WSCC Visit & Parade Invitation.pdf

We had a fantastic time last year, and were made most welcome!

WSCC%2520Ty%2520Croes%25202013%2520Parad

And what a great selection of cars we had!

As you can see, we had a wide selection of cars too, including many well known Speed Series vehicles!

Ty Croes is a really picturesque circuit, (for those that don't know), located on the SW side of Anglesey, so it's a great run through some brilliant Welsh touring roads to get there.

Please let me know by midnight on the 31st August whether you can take part, so that I have time to send you your ticket.

Edited to add, we now have the final instructions for signing on etc - please see "Parade Visit Details", below.

2015 Parade Visit Details.pdf

THE PARADE REGULATIONS:

• Parade cars may not be driven by competitors entered in the current Sprint competition.
  • ALL Parade participants will be asked to sign the standard MSA Declaration And must Sign On in the CafeBar: 11.00am – 11.30am
  • DRIVERS: must show their current full and valid DVLA, wear the wristband provided and obey the marshals instructions regarding the parade.
  • PASSENGERS: must sign on, wear the wristband provided and be seated within the legal seating appropriate for that car.
  • JUNIOR PASSENGERS: must be in legal seating for their age group and produce parental authorisation if they are not travelling with a parent (form available and must be signed by parent)
  • TIMETABLE: The parade will take place as soon as possible after the cease of sprinting for the lunch break, The exact time depends on the flexibility or vagaries of the ongoing competition.
  • Therefore after Signing On drivers and passengers are asked to stay near their cars in Paddock 2 and await the call to assembly. There may be little notice given and anyone not lined up in assembly will NOT be allowed on the Parade laps. There will be no opportunity for change of driver/passengers.
  • The parade will be two laps of the International Circuit run concurrently.
  • The laps will be conducted at speeds not exceeding 50mph.
  • Drivers are particularly asked not to hang back but to stay in close formation with no overtaking unless a car has pulled off the circuit.
  • In order for the Sprint competition to continue without delay, prompt return to Paddock 2 after you. Please be aware that your club has organised a group photograph after the event.

OTHER INFORMATION:

PARKING and CAMPING By the kind courtesy of the circuit owners, camping is free to visiting members (and their family or personal guest) providing campers respect the property, landscaping and those around them. Camping is available from Friday until Sunday end of the meeting.
Grass and hard standing is available anywhere in Paddock 2 accessed midway down the main paddock.
This area has been chosen for visitors to park as a group, as it is closest to the main paddock/competitor parking..
Those in motor homes or campervans are asked to kindly to please leave the grass areas by the road approaching the main paddock for marshals and competitors in tents.
leave the circuit would be appreciated as there is limited safe parking near the Cafebar.

FACILITIES:

The Toilet Block and Drivers’ Shower Block is open 24 hrs. with hot and cold water.
There is drinking water supply near the paddock windmill
The Circuit CaféBar is available (see below), with conservatory seating and TV.

Hi Dave put me and the daughter down as passenger for the parade laps please as I'm not sprinting that event this year thanks

This is a great opportunity for everyone to have 2 days and camping at a great venue for spectating  and seeing what the speed series is all about. There is a cafe and booze available on site so lets have another  good turnout

This is a great opportunity for everyone to have 2 days and camping at a great venue for spectating  and seeing what the speed series is all about. There is a cafe and booze available on site so lets have another  good turnout

Absolutely Tel, this was greatly enjoyed by everyone last year, and a fantastic weekend's Sprinting!

Here are the pictures from last year,

Hi Dave put me and the daughter down as passenger for the parade laps please as I'm not sprinting that event this year thanks

Will do!

Andy Lowe & Daughter

Bob Redman (provisional)

Sally Herbert

Paul Gibney

Nic Chase

Wendy Richings (provisional)

Kevin Freegard + son

Will Steve blow my tyres up for me again if I go this year. Coat on and running :westy:. Will ask the mad woman wife if she wants to do it again. When do you need to know by Dave. Was in Trearddur Bay last weekend and she may be a bit motorwayed out, bless.

Bob

Mrs H would like to drive my "red beast" again in the parade laps. So please add her to the list. Is that enough or do you want a pm?

Yes please for me Dave parade laps

Put me down Dave. Good fun last year.

Thanks guys, I've edited the list. Bob, I've put you down as provisional for the moment.

SWMBO, Wendy (onliest tigger) fancies driving.

Us coming over may depend on me getting into Sprint as currently on reserve list.

I'll put you down provisionally then David. Understand, if you don't make the list - good luck. (The chances are usually much better than it looks on paper, from what I recall).

Hi Dave - Can you add myself and son please, trying to sort some digs today as camping is a challenge with no tent :d  -

Many Thanks.

No problem