WSCC sign post

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

Couldn't avoid lifting this from PistonHeads...

OldCountryRoadSign_zps27dbb349.jpg

:d

I get accused of the second one, and have been known for the odd first one (as in "about" and "up")  :d

Life is made sweeter by silly little things like this LOL..!

My new favourite picture!

Well, that's a good result and a home win for Cocking, then.

They are only 5 miles away from me, there are many more similar names in the county, Littlehampton the best know and Fulking is my favourite. The reason I am unable to buy any club clothing as you see from the sign post  has the same initials as the council !!! I did live in GAY STREET in the 70s and in recent years to reduce the group photos and constant theft of the sign on the A29 I see the sign is now safely on a lofty pole.

You are not far from Upper Dicker then...

Ooooo look! I have beaten it! 

Except that it isn't censoring that word any more.

A little test and preview says that it is still censoring a synonym though... :o

You are not far from Upper Dicker then...

Ooooo look! I have beaten it! 

Except that it isn't censoring that word any more.

A little test and preview says that it is still censoring a synonym though... :o

Just a boring admin notice for you all, seeing as how MOTCO has discovered my handiwork from earlier today - we have a couple of club members with either the Christian name or surname of Dick (stop laughing, you childish git), which is causing problems for them and now us, as it changed their names in their profiles (and the magazine mailing list) as well to "dangler", which makes their posted magazines a bit odd (again, stop laughing).

So I've turned off the swear filter on that one word now out of respect for those so-named members.  The filter is not strong enough to only stop the word if it's all in upper case or all in lower case, so it has to be totally relaxed.

However (you knew this was coming), this pinned Start Line thread has been altered as follows:

"On a related note, the Moderation Team recognise that the filtering of the word "knob" has been problematical at times in relation to words like "gear knob" or describing dashboard controls, for example.  This is also the case with the Christian or surname of "Dick".  Therefore with immediate effect, automatic filtering of "knob" and "Dick", and variations of these words, has been removed.  However, using the word "knob" or "dick", or a derivation therein as a term for anything but technical or name reasons (abuse, derision, "comedy" effect, etc.) will be considered offensive and result in a posting ban being applied as above."

So be respectful and you'll be fine. :t-up:

And a further, related reminder, to avoid upset;

DO NOT rely on the swear filter to automatically correct your posts!

"But I thought the swear filter would deal with it" won't be considered an acceptable reason for avoiding a posting ban, if you use the words knob, dick etc in an unaceptable manor, as detailed above.

As Dave says - you and you alone are responsible for what you type in here - simple as.  Nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to swear, and your fingers don't suffer from Tourette's Syndrome.  So just make it easy on yourself and don't type it to begin with - thanks.  :t-up:

:)

My all time fave street sign is "fanny hands lane" on the way to Skegness