7 seaters - mmm

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Wife just about to change her car from a Honda FRV (6 proper seats) to a mini country (2 proper plus 3 small seats)

We have three little chimps so I am just starting to think about something a bit bigger for me - so looking at seven seaters

Apart from the obvious family 7 seaters like the galaxy etc what else has 7 seats - needs to be reasonably smart as I am coming from a 530d so don't want too bigger step down but also would be struggling to justify the costs of running something like a discovery which would be my money no object car I guess

Any thoughts?

I've had discos all the time for 7 seats - worth every penny Cleggy. Nice and square too which makes parking easy for the ladies :-)

Your BM is plenty big enough with 3 chimps.      When I had 3 nippers I managed to wedge them in the backseat of an Ford Anglia.

had a look at the new X-Trail online last night - look interesting although engine a bit pokey but I might be able to get my head around that ;)

New X Trail looks good.

We have converted to Hyundai and the Santa Fe.

Seems to tick all boxes in terms of size, power, economy, v long warranty and build quality.

True some of the interior plastics are not upto european standards but its all relative and relatively the rest of the car is excellent.

Tows well !

Ford S Max is rated as a good compromise between 7 seater and drivers car.

It very much depends what the 7 seats are for of course as there are always going to be compromises with a car with 7 seats.  With most the rear seats are small and only of use for small people for short amount of time. Plus while 7 seats tend to have a big boot, that disappears to between nothing and almost nothing when they are in use. 

Having 7 seats is very useful though. 

I went 530d to a 110 Defender... don't do many miles and have another more sensible family car, but for 7 seaters duty it ticks all of the boxes (aside from being quick, refined, or capable of being parked in multi-storey car parks!) and the kids love it.

Be ready to take a caning on the sale of the 530.  Got peanuts for mine.  :(

4× Westfields will give you a spare seat :d

The problem with having a 7 seater when you're a 5 person family is that you're quickly the taxi cab for your children AND their friends!  Stick with a 5 seater, it builds character in your kids to be jammed in together.  :t-up: