Kit Car Complexity

davidgh

Caterham will still sell you a kit.

Yes, but owners like to keep that bit quiet  ;)  :t-up:  ;)

On the subject of trackers.  I have a few cars over the £40k threshold and non of them need trackers.  Plenty of insurers will give you this option.  I don't really want to have nice factory wiring hacked into if at all possible.

Ditto (though only two)  --  only some insurance companies have tracker fetish!

not sure how happy Caterham owners would be hearing you describe their cars as Kit's  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d

They seem happy to sign up to a class called "road-going kit and replica cars over 1700cc" Nick

They do David and I take great delight in showing them the clean pair of tyres with the mighty cross flow :-)

Whilst I greatly respect your ability, James, I think the only way one would show Mr. Laing a clean pair of wheels with a X-Flow would be to fiddle with his immobiliser  :p

has he got a fuel cut off switch fitted by any chance. having known he had a big off not so long ago. you know the one I mean .the switch that cuts out the engine in case of crash

Very true - even my mighty machine is no match for mr Laing :-)

Pete

There was power to the pump connector but no fuel flow. 

We separated the connector and powered the pump directly from a battery pack and the pump did not run.

Our conclusion was the pump had failed or an internal wire come disconnected.  As it was intank and no one had a replacement and the car was full of fuel with no easy way of draining etc we didn't bother checking further.

That's why we are sceptical it was anything else. 

ok sounds like pump. unless they cut out more in the circuit. I don't have wiring diagram  so cant say.