Anyone in Colchester have an engine stand I could borrow?

darve

After moving house last week, I can put some focus back onto the Westfield again  :t-up:

The sump needs to come off the engine again  :angry: due to an oil leak from one of the welds in the modified sump. It's an absolute pig of a job to do with the engine in the car with regards to cleaning the old sealant off and also getting a good seal when refitting. Any mx5'rs out there (and Alex  :d) will know what I mean. I'm therefore thinking of whipping the engine out and getting it on a stand so that I can complete the task with ease. It will only take about a hour and a half to remove and two hours to refit (yes go on chairman....you know you want to) which I think is a worthwhile investment in terms of ensuring a good seal and also for my sanity  :rolleyes:

So as per the title, anyone in the Colchester area with a stand I could borrow for a couple of weeks? I would love to invest in one but the house move means money is tight and I'd like to get involved in the next woodbridge track day  :cool:  :white-westy:

any help appreciated as always  :yes:

Any mx5'rs out there (and Alex  :d) will know what I mean. I'm therefore thinking of whipping the engine out and getting it on a stand so that I can complete the task with ease. It will only take about a hour and a half to remove and two hours to refit (yes go on chairman....you know you want to)

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about... :angel-emoticon:

Calling Mark to the forum :t-up:

Edit, come to think about it, you can use mine, the old engine on the stand is just gathering dust at the mo.

Dave give me a call and pop over whenever is convenient, I have one here not being used :)

top man - will be in touch  :t-up:

Good luck with it mate, 2nd 3rd 4th 5th time lucky!

Can't believed you've managed to move, we still don't know if it'll happen.

You've gotta give credit to Dave for getting his priorities right.... He only moved house 4 days ago yet he's already given up with the unpacking and started mucking about with the Westfield again :o:d

You've gotta give credit to Dave for getting his priorities right.... He only moved house 4 days ago yet he's already given up with the unpacking and started mucking about with the Westfield again :o:d

Priorities are correct IMHO  :rolleyes: