A harrier jump jet anyone?

pickmaster Andy Lowe

I'd have a bit of trouble fitting it in my garage.

Well I have the space but can't afford a divorce :(

hehehehe - My mate asked his wife what she wanted for her birthday - she replied "a divorce" he said "i wasn't planning on spending that much"…..  Boom Tish 

:-) 

The old ones are the best James lol

I thought they'd all been sold to the US to be used for target practice (I assume).

I thought they'd all been sold to the US to be used for target practice (I assume).

They were sold to the US, for working spares at a bargain price, except this one.

They were sold to the US, for working spares at a bargain price, except this one.

This is a GR3 - long since retired.  It was the GR9s we sold to the US at a knock-down price.  Completely different aircraft.

Any Harrier topic always makes me think of the Simpsons episode where Side Show Bob was going to blow up the blimp.

At the air show there was the excellent announcement over the PA system...

"And here it is, the pride of the American Airforce, the British built Harrier..."

• Like 1

I wonder if this is the one that was on eBay a while back but was then removed by eBay saying it breached their weapons policy. DOH

I wonder if this is the one that was on eBay a while back but was then removed by eBay saying it breached their weapons policy. DOH

That was a Sea Harrier IIRC

• 4 weeks later...

This is a GR3 - long since retired.  It was the GR9s we sold to the US at a knock-down price.  Completely different aircraft.

Your right.

Apart from one GR9 that is in the Imperial war museum.