Euro Trip

Terryathome

The Pennine to Pyranees trip last year was awesome so not to miss out this year Switzerland will be our destination this year. Only 2 cars going this year (W Shep and Terryathome) and is a shorter distance than last year with stop over’s of 3 and 2 days at Lucerne (Switzerland) and Annercy in France.

Will be travelling to Hull on Monday and taking the ferry to Zeebrugge and travelling/stopping at Luxembourg, Obernai, Lucerne, Annecy, Dijon, Reims and back to Zeebrugge for the ferry back to Hull.

Should be interesting, will post updates/pics on route.

Terry

Lucerne

261837.jpg

Annecy

lac_d_annecy_7216.jpg

Idea of the route

Route.JPG

Good luck and sorry I could make it this year..

Bon voyage

Be aware that you'll need to pay the fee and get the sticker for using the Swiss motorway system once you get to the border (pretty sure they still do that) and that the Swiss police are fairly humourless regarding vehicle noise levels, so careful downshifting and hooning it in tunnels.  Be safe!

Enjoy the trip Guys and Girls gutted I ran out out holidays  :cry: looking forward to pics and stories, Ive heard there are some nasty wild animals in Switzerland  :p

Also if your using the auto routes, I would suggest buying one of their auto tag things, just means you don't need to mess about with money and cards at the tolls.

As Scott said you will need a pass for Switzerland.

We did the same kinda trip in June and went further south, enjoy and have fun

Thanks for the tips guys but we think we have everything covered. Will be traveling part auto routes and part other roads, one to make some decent milage/time and the other for lunch and cup of tea at some sleepy village where they don't talk a lot of English lol.

Marcus, will be on the look out for wild dogs who pinch walkie talkies and report back lol.

Terry

Thanks for the well wishes, the trips been in the planning for a while now and we think we have everything covered, so it's just a matter now of "sitting back and enjoying it"

Have a good one guys and gals I am sure you have everything covered  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Don't forget the bucket, sponge and wash leather you know what the foreign cow pats are like :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

Steve & Elena 

• Like 1

their mission is to come back with dark dog...

I wonder if we can find some dark dog for Steve?

Thanks for all your wishes

Terry

Steve always carries a secret stash of Dark Dog  :d

Secret is ...use it a octane boost ..never travel without it

Wish I could have come too... hopefully next years trip.

Have a good un!

Arrived at our first destination in one piece, about to venture out into Arlon (near Luxembourg) for some refreshments. Weathers very warm and muggy, may need a couple of cool scoops!! Hope Terry's brought enough money!!!