Is it allowed to have a dirty Westie?

John K

the cars made of plastic... a bit of frebreeze flash with the added shine and its sorted.  chuck on a bit of meguires quick detialer after and your sorted. ii would say just wash the cow crap off the rear arches sooner than later as it sticks on like no ones business

Yep when it gets covered in cow crap and horse crap and farmers tractor wheel crap then you do need to give a just a little bit of TLC.  Should have seen the state of mine at the Cotswold suspension setup day in the spring - looked brown rather than green thanks to the Cotswold farmers dragging loads of lovely wet clay mud onto the roads nearby.

Hand on heart........had this one on the road nearly two years...NEVER washed it !

Wheels have been cleaned twice....looks alright to me. Damp cloth wiped over and some Back to Black now and again.

Polished it with Farecla Profile gelcoat restorer and wax .If I washed it all my stickers would come off !

Will likely get pulled over the coals for mentioning names, but that's what I use.

If you haven't tried it....get some.

I must be in the minority but mine gets cleaned after virtually every drive and before it goes back away into the garage

For a quick clean it gets a wipe over with some of this which I piced up at Stoneleigh

http://www.prideandjoycarcare.co.uk/waterless-cleaner.html

Whilst for greater amounts of dirt it has a soapy wash followed by a polish with this

http://www.prideandjoycarcare.co.uk/polish.html

Yep slurry of cows is the worst.

Blatting through Forest of Bowland in 2012,

Arrived around a bend to find myself immediately in six inches of the stuff!

Despite slowing to a crawl it got absolutely everywhere! :( :( It felt like it went on for miles. Some parts there was no yellow showing through!

Luckily a friend who lives in Hellifield was at home and I was able to get it all off before it dried :)

One year of ownership and 5000 miles driven, do the maths for how many washes, I lost count. I have an aversion to putting it back in the garage, does the newness wear off any time soon?

i will try and post pictures of wiscombe mud this year 

I think I would treat mine better if I had a warm carpeted garage - as it is, it lives outside.

I say 'better' but the suspension has been treated with ACF50 and the rear lower wishbones have been painted with POR15 but there's still plenty to do.

In 2013 Aintree sprint I was seen trying to removed dried cow poo off my tyres with a screw driver and hammer (that stuff really sticks when dried) as has been said already

Living down a farm track and through a field I do have to clean mine every trip if cows or sheep are about :(

For a quick clean it gets a wipe over with some of this which I piced up at Stoneleigh

http://www.prideandjoycarcare.co.uk/waterless-cleaner.html

Blimey that's dear stuff!

I presume you think it's worth it though?

Blimey that's dear stuff!

I presume you think it's worth it though?

i hadn't looked at the price on the website :oops: and swear I paid less than that for it, but it's good for a quick wipe over and likewise for that quick clean on arrival at a car show to get it sparkling.

I'm the Essex rep. for the dirty car club, so you are in good company :)  :ww:  :yellow-westy:

It looked cleaner than mine at Blyton  :suspect:  :suspect:  :cool: 

From a distance-