Is it allowed to have a dirty Westie?

John K

Chaps,

I'm not the greatest fan of cleaning cars. Probably caused by my first real job which was valeting cars for a big car hire company.

So whilst I will look after all the oily and mechanical bits really well - it's kinda inevitable the body won't get a wash very often.

Will this make me an outcast as most of you guys really, really do have tidy motors.

And I promise at Stoneleigh 2015 I will park it behind a skip somewhere. Or temporarily stick a Caterham badge on it...

• Like 1

Give it a really good wash and some teflon based wax, rub some ACF50 on the exposed metal bits. Then you only ever need to wipe off excess crap. If it is particularly filthy come Stoneleigh 2015 then you will be allowed to park centre stage in the marquee  ;)

The funny thing is, certainly in the past anyway, the "polishers" were really in the minority as far as the club went. With most cars just seeing an occasional bucket of water if they were lucky. (Well, maybe a slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean).

I suspect those with shiny cars just put more pictures up!

The real beauty of Westfields (and similar cars) is that they offer endless variations and opportunities to use how you want. Do what works for you and don't worry about what suits someone else.  :d  :yes: 

Yes you you might get your leg pulled if you got for a real rat rod look,  but then so does the guy that uses three different types of wax... 

Just to do the wheels  ;)  :d 

Long as as you enjoy it, fine!

As Andy said, something like ACF50 on the exposed chassis/suspension parts will help protect them.

Cant look any worse than mine last year when I turned up at Stoneleigh after a 1300 mile road trip - kinda stood out among all the polished ones!! :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  

I can tell I'm going to like it here...

And to be clear, cleaning small French "hot" hatches out of the front grill is not actually cleaning, its maintain the air flow and cooling characteristics.

after wiscombe this year my car will never be clean - i drive it too often for it to be a sparkler :-) 

Myself and Martin VZ compete for dirtiest car on meets!

I like my pride and joy to be clean and sparkling, but whenever the weather is nice enough to wash it, I'm driving it!

I thought that was what the wind and rain were for...Momma natures car wash!

Your westy is the other women ....

So keep it like that

As dirty as possible and when not in use , in the garage !

• Like 1

Myself and Martin VZ compete for dirtiest car on meets!

Didnt think anyone could challenge Martin on that front.  :p  :d  (He's the only guy I've seen actuall climb I to and drive off in a Westfield without worrying about bailing out the (considerable) standing water first!)

Martin is a special kind of hero when it comes to be unstoppable whatever the conditions...

• Like 1

Didnt think anyone could challenge Martin on that front.  :p  :d  (He's the only guy I've seen actuall climb I to and drive off in a Westfield without worrying about bailing out the (considerable) standing water first!)

Martin is a special kind of hero when it comes to be unstoppable whatever the conditions...

:blush:  :blush:  :down:

I know I'm special - my Mum said so.

• Like 1