Road Angel

Sparkymart

And you'll find the punishments for deliberately jamming/tampering/altering the laser signals etc in an attempt to avoid prosecution are generally far, far worse than the original punishment for a (comparatively) minor motoring offence.

In fact typically, you'll find yourself in a whole world of pain.

Actually Dave makes a good point.

And you might find yourself prosecuted under some obscure telecommunications legislation.

The laser will operate on a wavelength in a frequency owned by the government and only licensed for them to use.

At best you might be done for transmitting without a licence at worst for interfering with a government transmission - both of which are probably worse than speeding LOL

And for pete's sake don't try it near GCHQ..!

At best, if caught and the police decide to charge, in the past they've gone for an Obstruction charge, in the worst case they could go for a perverting the course of justice charge.

At least one driver has received a ban, that I'm aware of.

Sparkymart: Even TomTom is becoming outdated if you have an Android phone. I'm finding the live traffic updates from other phones in the area and voice recognition are outstripping TomTom lately, and it comes free with your phone.TomTom have taken their eye off the ball lately, as market leader they got complacent and in danger of becoming another Nokia to me

Dibby what app do you use for the live traffic updates? I've just down loaded an app called camsam which is a camera database which sits on top of any screen you have open and you can also reported unmarked cameras not tried it in anger yet

Google Maps mate, comes free with the phone. The roads turn blue/ yellow/ red depending on traffic flow and it diverts you to faster routes if yours gets clogged up. 

Google Maps mate, comes free with the phone. The roads turn blue/ yellow/ red depending on traffic flow and it diverts you to faster routes if yours gets clogged up.

cheers Dibby I've never tried using Google maps as sat nav do you know if you can and speed cameras as a POI to it?

It's a better navigation app than TomTom IMO.

No idea whether you can add camera POIs to it, there must be a way if you google it, can't be the first person in the world to want them.

I wonder why this fixation on having to be warned by your satnav though. Fixed cameras are painted bright yellow with stripes on the road, you really need your eyes testing if you can't spot these without the aid of a beeping gadget. Mobile sites - there are so many potential mobile sites now it will beep at every lay-by and bridge you drive past.Entrusting your licence to a gadget that is updated by other people - what if they miss one or set a warning 100 yards too late? 

It's a better navigation app than TomTom IMO.

No idea whether you can add camera POIs to it, there must be a way if you google it, can't be the first person in the world to want them.

I wonder why this fixation on having to be warned by your satnav though. Fixed cameras are painted bright yellow with stripes on the road, you really need your eyes testing if you can't spot these without the aid of a beeping gadget. Mobile sites - there are so many potential mobile sites now it will beep at every lay-by and bridge you drive past.Entrusting your licence to a gadget that is updated by other people - what if they miss one or set a warning 100 yards too late?

I agree with what you say and I'm very cautious when driving new roads but like you say you can spot them a mile off being bright yellow but it's the forward facing ones I worry about even though they are few and far between but they are out there, also as I drive a 110 defender as a daily drive (which needs plenty of right foot to keep it going) I find I very easy to creep above the speed limit when out in the westy so it handy to have that little reminder