team g&g retire

pete g

looks like im out for the rest of this year. big failure on car today .lucky for me I never hit anyone . suspension failure and brake pipes ripped out so no brakes. lucky only doing about 50mph.

lots of damage .so far its been a unlucky year for me so may call it a day.

What the hell happened Pete and where were you?

Not good Pete :down: I assume this was out on the roads? You seem to have had more than your fair share of bad luck :down:

bl**** hell Pete, very sorry to hear that! :(

Glad you seem to be alright though.

Hope the car's not as bad as first glance may suggest!

was on a dual carriageway . I think caliper bolt may have come out on front brake. had a moment over a bump and when I went around a bend and braked the front right suspension failed. ripped out the brake pipes. so no brakes top balljoint  snapped and bottom wish bone collapsed blew out the tyre .was on the wrong side of road for about 100m trying to stop it.

was on a dual carriageway . I think caliper bolt may have come out on front brake. had a moment over a bump and when I went around a bend and braked the front right suspension failed. ripped out the brake pipes. so no brakes top balljoint  snapped and bottom wish bone collapsed blew out the tyre .was on the wrong side of road for about 100m trying to stop it.

I have spare lines and a new widetrack lower wishbone you could have and replace when you get the chance.

would give us something to do on friday night

Glad you're OK Pete :yes: cars can be fixed but as you get older your body takes longer to heal

mind you, if you still had any hair left it'd be white after that experience  :)

Pete,

Glad to here that nobody was hurt (you or anyone else).  That sounds horrendous but sleep on it as tomorrow it will not look so bad.

Sorry to here, as they say as long as you are ok, the car can be fixed, that's good

Mike

Pete,

In line with all the views expressed above, it's a relief that you're intact, given what happened.  Deep breath(s), hang in there and we'll see you soon.

Cheers,

Simon

Pete

Glad you are OK.  Sorry about the incident.

You've been collecting trophies all year so can't be that bad.

I've got a complete set of new factory wide track front wishbones in the garage if you need quickly.

John Hoyle has some cortina uprights if required

Pete - If you want me to take a spare load of parts up to Blyton. Its very very scary when something like that happens but you must get right back on the horse without a moment hesitation.

Thanks everyone. I have some spares.but not the time. I just seem to be repairing it more than I drive it these days.

Seem to be having a bad run.

I'm off tomorrow after night shift have a better look at damage.some pictures on my facebook page.