Westfield parts again and again!

Ragged Racing

Dare I say as well, but I ordered a hose the other week from another well known Kit car manufacturer online, and the store said they were in stock, and I received the part the next day and It was the right one! So it can be done then. 

Surely a parts department should operate like a normal shop such as Halfords for example, so a part is bought, then replaced so most of the time the shop should have at least one on the shelf. If Westfield could keep most of the common items ordered on the shelf and then replace them as they are bought, then this would be a start. If certain parts take 3 weeks or months to order then Westfield should take this into consideration and make sure this happens on a consignment bases. It's got to be worth spending some cash on stock and selling it to customers, rather than letting us go elsewhere!

Whilst I was waiting for my Mazda starter kit I made a list of all the parts I needed, with different part numbers etc for manufacturers and saved a ton of money. Some of the stuff is obviously bespoke to Westfield. I work In parts for a living so have access to electronic cataloguing with cross references etc. If anyone is stuck for anything that is off another car and needs any part numbers etc don't hesitate to PM me. I was thinking of putting the mazda stuff in a spreadsheet for new builders, but I wasn't sure if that would be acceptable.

• 2 weeks later...

RAC Roll Bar arrived the other day from Westfield….Many thanks Russ for the e-mail….Now just got to fit it…. ???

I must say, while other companies are as bad the repeat comments about wscc parts on here and other forums, does little to inspire confidence. Certainly if you are purporting to be a top-end retailer of parts, with the brand, and the website, you should be able to do better at knowing what you can offer and what you can delivers, and then delivering it.

Daniel

• 4 months later...

Thread ressurection

This week I took advantage of the 15% discount to order some upgrade parts.

I had a slight problem with the online check count option due to shipping options not being set up.

Rang and got straight through to parts.

Dan tried to sort on the phone but couldn't but rang me back and emailed me with everything sorted same day.

So based on my experience it does seem like the parts department are much improved with the extra staff.

Thumbs up from me.

I've used them a dozen or so times in the last 2 months. Mostly small items with a few others and they have done a great job.

If I'm honest i think £15 postage charge on a pair of headlamps I ordered earlier was excessive, but I made the choice to make the order I suppose

The p*** take* is the credit card charge that was enough to put me off buying from them again. (Almost as bad as the bit of beef I ordered when the butcher told me how much per kg :0 )

to a certain extent the delivery charge. If an eBay guy can send me stuff for free then WF can charge sensible. Christ I sent a massive box to oZ for only £40

The two combined probably wiped out any offer.

Still waiting for the bits but they did say a lead time of a month and I'm in no rush. I should also add they have been pretty helpful answering email queries really quick and on the phone.

*sorry not apologising if the swear filter doesnt get this as frankly it is.

Why oh why after months of issues, are things not getting sorted at Westfield!! We've been promised in too many occasions that things are improving, yet we only hear of sporadic good customer service - more by luck than good management!

Gents,

I have ordered parts and they have arrived, ok not always in stock but I think we all know they can't stock everything and this has been discussed before.  I placed a order a few week ago 50% down and pay the rest when it arrives, so the guys in the stores are working on things... 

The guys are posting discounts and I'm sure things will get better, so lets give them a chance.  It would be good to hear from Westfield as I'm sure they read these posts and maybe they can give us some input to some of the issues…

I know from what the factory guys have said at events, they're unwilling to get into internet debates - there's never a winner there, so I suppose I can understand, to some degree.

However, they've been very willing to speak openly and freely in person, and accept the brickbats that inevitably headed their way, as well as explaining what they doing to improve things and fix exiting issues.

Julian, both on his own and with various combinations of staff has attended a number of WSCC events over the last year where shall we say club members could have a full and frank exchange of views! The factory has also held it's own events, where again there's been plenty of open and free talk.

I know it's difficult for those club members a bit further afield(!) to get to events like these, but I would recommend AO's to seriously consider getting the factory guys to come over for an Area Meet and a chance to both get feelings across AND to hear about the things the factory is planning and exciting possibilities for the future.

(Might be worth the more distant Areas perhaps getting a few different areas together for a joint meet with the factory?)

• Like 1

it still seems to be swings & roundabouts

I did have dealings with Kyle a week or two ago via pm's on here regarding a half hood, he couldn't have been more helpful !

Then yesterday I checked on the factory website to order heaslamps, but showed as no stock, I rang the parts dept & they were in stock !?

Then I was charged £15 postage, which I feel is high for the weight & size of parcel, I did redeem my 15% off voucher which took some of the sting out of it

I ordered a carbon silencer a week ago & paid a deposit and was assured they will be in the 3rd week in December....we will see.

It's definately a good thing to post our experiences with the factory on here, but both the good & bad.

It's definately a good thing to post our experiences with the factory on here, but both the good & bad.

100% agree, we need to post both!