Westfield parts again and again!

Ragged Racing

Totally agree, Russ and Gav are nice guys, but they can't sell what they don't have, it's a bl**** nightmare getting stuff, indicator pods where my nemesis, this Julian bloke needs to get a grip, its ok selling new cars but you need the support otherwise the others Marques will just gobble them up, the industry already know the parts back up at westfield is completely pants and it's all cause by lack of stock, well to be honest I don't know why it's pants but he needs to sort it, from what I can see he needs to get some money on the shelf or long term your business will suffer, I'd think twice about buying a westie knowing what I know now, I break a indicator pod or a windscreen and I'm off the road all summer. We need to make our own list and publish it on this site, there's more knowledge on here than at the factory so stuff um, we need to start a new thread called "where to get parts other than westfield cuz they won't have it anyway" and everyone who knows how/where to source alternative parts, just add then when there's a sufficient amount we can publish it on here and update it every year, I hope they bleeding read this.

• Like 1

Good idea Jay, that would be useful ! Can we make this happen, as you say there is a lot of knowledge on here, which could make Westfield owners lives so much easier when trying to source parts.

Not a bad start Martin, just need a larger more up to date list, think a comprehensive list could be a big, big help to our members, parts supply must be the single biggest and most frustrating stumbling block in the building and maintaining of a westy, we need to get this organised, who do we need to speak to on here to move this forward, it's got to be good and it might give the factory some incentive to get there thumb out the bum if we are getting stuff from elsewhere.

Your starter for 10

http://westfield-world.com/alternativeparts.html

Thanks to Tigger  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

+1 thanks to Tigger! :yes:

To try and alleviate some of the research work behind seeking alternative part numbers from Tigger , would it be wise for anyone who wishes to submit entries through their AO who could double check before passing it on for listing? .. .. This is if Tigger is happy to build on the current list, that is!

With respect to Tigger (who is very busy person and currently 'missing') I think it should be a FAQ.  Full acknowledgement to the stripey fellow should of course be given  :yes:  :yes:

• Like 1

Hi to all

I am a new Westfield owner from the beginning of the year !

As you do I wanted to change a few things on car mostly the aero screen to windscreen, so on the 03/04/14 i made a phone call to Westfield parts and ordered a pair of pillars and mirrors and a screen fillet

Money was taken at time and was told it would be 3-4 weeks as items not in stock ! does this sound familiar.....!!!

Anyway after 8 weeks of waiting I bought pillars and mirrors privately, I sent an email to cancell the above parts to no reply after another week I telephoned parts department and said I would like to cancel part of the order and the money's to be reimbursed into my account !

I asked where my screen fillet was it is over 11 weeks since ordered only to be told there is a problem with supplier sounds familiar what...!!

As to date still no money's refunded no correspondence and no fillet...!

So here I am at the beginning of summer with all the parts ready to fit too car windscreen, pillars, mirrors! windscreen wiper mechanism but alas no Fillet...!,

I have never known or dealt with a company before with the lack of communication I no I am not the only one with the same problems...!!

Come on Westfield get a grip...!!!

William

I think it would be absolutely brilliant to have a comprehensive list of alternative parts.  As a newbie to the world of Westfield and kit cars I’ve spent many hours trying to figure out “what’s what” and, whist I’ve found many answers on here, it would be a huge bonus to have all the info in one place.

Sadly, I have to join the list of owners who have not been able to get responses from Westfield themselves regarding parts availability and have subsequently spent a fair amount of money elsewhere.

R

We need someone to pull this together - someone with an ordered mind and thorough too.  Someone like Mark Wendon perhaps??  (Sorry Mark  :laugh: )

Anyone else??  Please step forward  :)  :)

You'll get lots of help from the cheaper seats!!

Thanks

We need someone to pull this together - someone with an ordered mind and thorough too.  Someone like Mark Wendon perhaps??  (Sorry Mark  :laugh: )

Thanks Martin :d but I shall have to decline on this occasion.

I know the Mazda based cars well but I don't feel I'm the best person to comment on everything else. TBH though I can't think of anything which Tigger hasn't already covered in his list.

Thanks Martin :d but I shall have to decline on this occasion.

I know the Mazda based cars well but I don't feel I'm the best person to comment on everything else. TBH though I can't think of anything which Tigger hasn't already covered in his list.

Just some random thoughts....

Brake master cylinder.

Handbrake assembly.

Wheel bearings.

Fuel pump.

Engine mounts.

Oil filter (the standard Zetec one was too big for my narrow).

Alternative engine sump for Zetec engines.

Diff gasket for Westfield diff.

Steering wheel shaft.

R

The windscreen issue is affecting all suppliers, I have tried a few and they all are saying the same thing. Its a shame that this is happening as it can only mean bad news for westfield at the end of the day. 

The windscreen issue is affecting all suppliers, I have tried a few and they all are saying the same thing. Its a shame that this is happening as it can only mean bad news for westfield at the end of the day.

[devils advocate] so would it be a fair assumption to say all *new* kits supplied since Match are also waiting for pillars/screens/fillets?

Or is the person spending only few quid in the grand scheme of things put on the back burner whilst new kit demand is prioritised (and of course, having the hapless customers money in the bank to add insult to injury!)?

That will be waiting also, I would think, the most frustrating thing must be that your cars already for the summer and on the first outing you break something, something so bad you can't use the car, then just no support, no back up from the manufacturer, say you want a hub or a steering part or a windscreen etc, you will be off the road for most of the summer and with no roof the winters out so you could potentially loose your car for a full year because there's just no parts! I remember my iva approaching very fast with a heater on order for 11 weeks, just gave up and got one from hear http://www.t7design.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=180 had no choice, there you go alternative heater and it's not bad, miles lighter than the westfield heater, it's only single speed but a resistor from Maplins and a bit of wiring and it's easily converted to two speed. That can go on the list.