just started mazda SDV

daveq92

Coming along Dave :yes: You may want to cut the excess thread from the handbrake bolts and also remove the redunant metal bracket hanging from the handbrake cable or they could contact the propshaft.

Hi mark yes, its a few days old that picture I have done that already :)

Well done :yes: it sound like you're already that one step ahead of me :laugh:

Had a pig of a day removing the front wiring loom, also spent a lot of time cleaning the Diff it looks loads better now but why is there only one sleeve to be fitted, does anyone know ?

i left the rearmost one in there and fitted the WF spacer to the front most hole as you're only supplied with one. many have done it this way

before you press it in, give the hole a good clean with a round file. It will go in relatively easily with a bolts and some washers/socket bits etc

Hi all,  fitted the diff today then removed it because the bracket in the picture below touches the diff when it in place,can someone tell me  what the bracket is for and if this is right. I think if I leave it touching it will vibrate to hell.

9c9f2a28-0288-4272-8688-485068c9cdf9_zps here and here below

0630f47d-3f49-40a4-8eaa-db3d7e0245e6_zps

IIRC the bracket is for the ford based cars for mounting the speedo sensor. It's certainly not used on the Mazda based kit.

I'd bend it slightly with a large adjustable spanner to give the clearance you need.

Hi Mark  thanks for that I am so glad I joined this site lol ,if its not needed for the mazda buid can I not just cut it off,  ?

Better to bend it out of the way, keep the powdercoat intact that way :)

I was looking at Kuga westie build and noticed an IVA bar fitted,I guess I need one do I get one from westfield because it wasn't in the kit ?

Yes you will need one, get it sooner rather than later as you will need to remove the tank if already fitted!

Shaun

It comes in an IVA kit with a variety of protective sleeves and covers; it's so much easier to fit a number of the items as you go along rather than waiting till the end to fit them, that I never could work out why the factory don't make a bigger deal of trying to sell one right at the start.

Dave, that innermost fuel pipe looks like it will be very close to the propshaft, have you checked that the prop will have enough clearance?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, not been on for a while , I have been very busy in RL but I haven't been neglecting my westie. I received the iva pack from westfield and after having a shufty to see what you get I was a bit p******** off to see trackrod end covers, it has annoyed me because I have fitted the ends and used lock tight but on a plus note I have fitted the iva bar, I gotta say westfield could do a better job with the so called build manual.

I have also been busy fitting wheel bearings and renewing the seals on the front calipers, de rusting all the brake parts and other things and painting, also had to get in touch with westfield to get two 4" bolts for the rear shock/Diff mount that seemed not to be in my kit, yet another error !.

I also received my instrument panel so does anyone know where I can get a blank dash with no cut-outs or a used one I could use as a template maybe and does anyone know if this radiator is the right dimensions for a westie  Ebay item No 261481890751.

i'll post a few pics when I get the brakes all fitted.