Part-Worn Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 Tyres

DaveB666

NB. I am not a trader, this is not my job or full-time means of income. I'm just trying to find un-loved tyres new homes. 

I am able to supply Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 Tyres in 195/50/15 size.

The tyres are control tyres, used in a UK race Championship. As such, they have to be changed after every race. The races are between 15-20 laps long and the cars weigh c. 650-700kg so the wear and damage to the tyres is very minimal. (On those tyres used in a wet race it is not uncommon to still see the new 'bobbles' on the edges of the tyre)

Tyres are supplied with tread ranging from between 5mm to 8mm (usually more than less) and all sets will be as matched as possible.

Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 Spec:
Michelin's Pilot Exalto PE2 is an entry level ultra high Performance summer tyre designed to raise both the status and performance of small sporty cars that use low profile-sized tyres. Inspired by Michelin's World Rally Championship (WRC) tyre design and architecture the tyre has been developed to provide crisp and responsive handling in both wet and dry conditions combined with superb steering response.

Features
Superb steering response.
Outstanding street performance in wet and dry conditions.
The design and architecture of the tyre has been developed to provide crisp and responsive handling.

The RRP of this tyre ranges from £70-95 and 'used/puncture repair' sets on Ebay go for around £100!

I can supply a set of 4 tyres for £110 collected or £125 delivered to your door.

Payment is by Bank Transfer or Paypal as a gift/+4%.

You will not be disappointed with the quality/condition of the tyres or their performance once fitted to your vehicle.

IMG_6764_zps2e20daab.jpg
IMG_6765_zpse746aa0c.jpg
IMG_6768_zps2f95270a.jpg

IMG_6768_zps2f95270a.jpg
IMG_6766_zpsce6b09ea.jpg

As you can see the majority of the markings on the tyres are minor scrubbing.

The tyres do have fair amounts of 'pickup' from the track but this will obviously come off within the first 5-10miles of driving.

As originally stated, this is not my job or trade; just a way of generating a bit of extra cash for my own car spends :)

I realise I'm a new-poster but have been on Locostbuilders over a year and in that time I've sold over 60 tyres; there is a fairly hefty thread on that forum with loads of good feedback for myself :p and the tyres

Oops sorry. Thought it said in my profile.

As Barry has said, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire or Holmfirth to be precise; 10mins from j39 of the m1.

• 1 month later...
Michelin Pilot PS3s 195/50 R15 now in stock!

tmichelin_pilot_sport_3.jpg

Some reviews:

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST (225-40-18-W)

Driving on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles

5 weeks owning my focus mk2 st2 and first thing was to get the barum budgets off and some proper rubber on. Im running 320bhp with mods trough the front wheels so it needs a dam good tyre. Im pleased to say Im so happy with the pilot sport 3. They have totally changed to feel and ride and the grip is phenomenal in both dry and wet. In my opinion a must have for the st. 500 I paid for 4 spankers which may seem steep but it feels safe and planted with these bad boys on. Look no further.

Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 328i Coupe (225-45-17-)

Driving on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles

Absolutely superb, these are a million miles better than £10-20 cheaper options

Dry and wet grip are very very good, I have used these on track and they don't come a far off the grip I get from Toyo Proxes R888 semi-slicks on the same car.

Road feeling is superb, they are quiet and you know all the time whats happening

Prices for these are £110 a set of four collected or £125 delivered to your door.

Paypal only - add 4% of send as a gift. Plenty of happy customers onother forums, just ask and I'll link you :)

• 5 months later...

Just to update this as I'm getting a few enquiries through - the PE2s are no more BUT

I can now supply the newer, more advanced Michelin PS3 tyres.

Same price and details as above.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just taken delivery of a boat load of PS3s if anyone needs some new shoes :-)

I'll have a set Dave - will replace the odd assortment I got with my wheels (all 195/45 too), just in time for the IVA :)

• Like 1

Monies all received mate :-)

Just had my set delivered - all have around 7mm of tread.

Cheers Dave!

If anyone needs to contact Dave - just send me a PM.

• Like 1

I'll have a set please Dave. If you want to pm me I'll pick them up as I'm only in Penistone.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.