WSCC Blyton Park Track Day Friday 11th July 2014

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

The WSCC Blyton Sprint Weekend is nearly here and we will be holding a club Trackday on Friday 11th July. All WSCC members are welcome, especially members who have not tried a Trackday before. We will run 1 off 20 minute sessions in the first hour to allow Novices to go at their own pace without the more experienced drivers. The rest of the time will be on an open trackday basis, up to the maximum no on track at a time. Instructors will be available if required.

Only On-line booking is available (see details at bottom of post) it is only possible to book the full day. Second Drivers & Passengers are welcome; there is a separate booking form for them.

There is overnight camping if you would like to stay and compete or watch the Sprint over the weekend. If you would like to experience Motorsport even more then you could volunteer for Marshalling / helping out.

We hope to see you there.

For on-line Booking see Store at the top of the page. (not Merchandise Store)

There are only 45 places for this and they will be open to WSCC Members together with any WSCC Weekend Sprint competitors (except single seaters) first. If by the 1st July 2014 there are still places available, then we will offer 1/2 Day slots, as expected last year there was a big take up on these

I have been asked if we can guarantee the half day places on this Trackday. Just so that everyone is very clear on this. 

The track-day is a separate event to the Sprint and as I have said publicly many times before the WSCC trackdays struggle to break even and have over the last fours years generally lost the club money. So as such we will be looking to try and fill all the full day places if possible. As if we don’t the likelihood of us running another Friday trackday is remote.

I cannot guarantee the 1/2 day ones at all. We will just have to see how the sales go. As I said in the post if there are any spaces left them I will put them up for sale on 1st July. But I really hope it will be full of all day people.

Best regards

Nick

Looking forward to this one, would be good to see it full up with Westfields and not have to open it up to other cars so please get organised and get booked in to support the club!

Would of loved to have done this but were at Fairford

Thats me booked , come on folks get it booked it would be a great shame to loose this day ideal for all levels of drivers lots of track time and lots of folks to meet . 

I'm booked on for this, as well as the sprints! Eek!

Nick, how do I go about booking camping?

Just turn up and pitch your tent while the earlier to arrive take the 'P' (unless a professional pitcher)! :) :)

• Like 1

I'm booked on for this, as well as the sprints! Eek!

Whatever you do Barny, don't fall asleep first  :oops:

As Dave says, no need to book just turn up, pitch up & stay awake  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

• Like 1

Great news! Got a new tent, so much mocking at my expense is expected! :d :D

Cheers for the advice Mart, I'll do my best to avoid being the bucking bronco :t-up:

Really looking forward to this now, just keeping everything crossed that the mighty crossflow stays mighty so I can actually take part this time!

Great news! Got a new tent, so much mocking at my expense is expected! :d :d

Cheers for the advice Mart, I'll do my best to avoid being the bucking bronco :t-up:

Really looking forward to this now, just keeping everything crossed that the mighty crossflow stays mighty so I can actually take part this time!

I take it your driving up in the Westy  ???  if so and you have any kit that won't fit, I'll have some spare room to chuck it in the camper  :t-up:

And if the mighty xflow lets you down ( which I very much doubt ) your welcome to double drive in mine  :yes:  that is if you can handle the power of a proper engine  ;)  ;)  ;)

I take it your driving up in the Westy  ???  if so and you have any kit that won't fit, I'll have some spare room to chuck it in the camper  :t-up:

And if the mighty xflow lets you down ( which I very much doubt ) your welcome to double drive in mine  :yes:  that is if you can handle the power of a proper engine  ;)  ;)  ;)

Yep! Hence the new tent, our current one is a poly cotton monster that is more "glamping" than camping, and weighs over 50kgs!!! It's probably bigger than the Westy, even packed away! I'll take you up on your kind offer, thank you very much, and give you a shout about logistics nearer the time. I'll bring some beers as payment too!

As for the double drive, that's awesome! Cheers bud. Although I really hope I don't have to take you up on it :yes:

I have a feeling that June is going to feel like a lloooooooong month!