Rear light housings

Tim Reid

Has anyone tried "Shotgun Rear Light Housing" from SevenSpeed?

http://www.sevenspeed.co.uk/products/shotgun-rear-light-housing

I was thinking about matching with these lights:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360832013681?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have standard type lights at the moment and would like something a little more modern but not too "Halfords".

I know what you mean about Halfords. I think they'll look pretty good when used with the housing. 

Bit pricey though!

Nice housing not so sure about that style lights tho, I prefer the one colour ones but thats jus me!

You can't just say that and not post a picture ;) I'm keen on replacing my pre-war bulb arrangement and have been trying to find something modern that doesnt look like like it was designed by Stevie Wonder.

These are what I've used. They are (were) made by Hella. They have 3 fixing holes but I've now glued them on with the tabs overlapping. They are unbelievably light, just a few ounces each. They are not LED and are not expensive.

accident231.jpg

ed to add that the top, white lens is indicator, the outside is side and the inner is brake.

Hehe Quinten 2 years this phone I still dont know how to copy and paste links!!

Press and hold the link until a popup appears.  You can then select 'copy', go to the other safari tab and press and hold in the reply box until the popup appears again where you can select 'paste' ;)

These are what I've used. They are (were) made by Hella. They have 3 fixing holes but I've now glued them on with the tabs overlapping. They are unbelievably light, just a few ounces each. They are not LED and are not expensive.

ed to add that the top, white lens is indicator, the outside is side and the inner is brake.

My arches are a lot smaller (fixed arches on SEW) so ideally I am looking at rectangular units of the same dimensions as the standard Westfield ones.

Liking the look of the ones that Tim posted above, but not sure if I could stomach £200 for a set of lights that won't illuminate the road ahead of me ;)

My arches are a lot smaller (fixed arches on SEW) so ideally I am looking at rectangular units of the same dimensions as the standard Westfield ones.

Liking the look of the ones that Tim posted above, but not sure if I could stomach £200 for a set of lights that won't illuminate the road ahead of me ;)

I recently replaced the rear lights on my SE. The space available is very small. Most rectangular mounts require either butchery, or modifying the arches. In the end I used these Landrover type LED indicator and brake/stop lights. Inbetween I fitted a 50mm diameter reflector. These cover the original four bolt and centre wiring holes of the old rectangular trailer lamps, so there is no need to fill in anything. Very bright and immediate lights. I added a high level roll bar brake light too and have noticed fewer squeeling brakes behind when the inattentive have nearly run in to me at junctions. These lamps are surface fit and have no pod. They suit a more retro look, which my car has. No carbon fibre around here.

The picture was taken in the drizzle on a 'phone, so the quality is pretty poor, but it gives you the idea. I have a new round fog lamp too, but I'm trying to work out how to get the old one off without having to take the petrol tank out!

Jen

newlights.jpg

This is what I did with mine LED from SVC

005.jpg

CanonSureshot005.jpg