We Buy Any Car approach strategy

Asterix

When selling an old car to WBAC.com, a car that has scratch's bumps dents rust spots and poor paintwork to every panel except the roof, is it better to: -

a) get the car as dirty as possible before arrival for your WBAC.com appointment?

b) get the car as spotlessly clean as possible before arrival for your WBAC.com appointment?

"...discuss"

N.b. WBAC.com *is* the only option; no, i don't have time to fettle the problems; etc...

Peter, I'd give it a good wash/vacuum as the guy assessing it will take into account the overall condition in which it's presented although they basically fill in some tick boxes, enter it onto a computer and that tells them what they're prepared to pay you for the car...

Bear in mind what the computer says may not be what they give! Sold an old land cruiser, gave it a good clean inside and out and they gave a fair price.

Bear in mind what the computer says may not be what they give! Sold an old land cruiser, gave it a good clean inside and out and they gave a fair price.

That's what I meant, you can set up an appointment and it will quote an approximate value for you car based on what details you give but once they WBAC buyer has viewed the car he fills in full details and their system quotes a new price that they're prepared to pay...

We Buy Any Car is owned by BCA, the auction house. Their computer quotes bottom CAP price and then, upon inspection, they deduct top price for each repair. So your price quoted will be lowered considerably. 

The reason BCA bought the original company was to get stock to go through it's auctions when the market slowed.

Ebay's your friend.

I hear the ebay recommends and i appreciate them, but the specific nail in question won't be going on ebay for exactly the same reason as it's not advertised on here :)

I'll get it cleaned then and expect to argue with some spotty wbac oik with a clipboard :)