I'm not sure I'm gel'ing with Westy ownership

Deako

Hmmm. 1 month in approx.

The Westy I purchased is amazingly well built and a fantastic car. But I'm actually having second thoughts about Westy ownership.

:(

Had a few good drives out. Good fun, but I don't know what's missing.

I think it begins with Por and ends with sche.

Don't worry... I went through that phase after my 1st Westfield...  and yet, here I am again ;)

Isn't that because you had a series of breakdowns and bad luck though? The car hasn't let me down, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

I still have similar feeling two years ends. My mind often wanders to Stuttgart too. If it wasn't for the club (and how cheap the car can be) I'd probably have given up.

I'm the other way now. A Porsche feels just like a normal car now!

I have had a few doubts at the start but love it now!

The ability to repair the car cheap was a huge appeal. However, I will do such little mileage annually, it's not really an issue. I'm sure I could run something from Stuttgart for similar money (no expensive engine failures included).

I'm notoriously a serial car changer. But trying to change my ways. Still not found a car that's made me say "You know what, I've found it, I'll stop searching the classifieds ads now"

That's one thing I'm definitely not. I treat them like members of the family hence having had only 4 daily drivers plus the Westfield since I was 18 (now 32!).

I'm sure your change your mind once 1) the summers here, and 2) you've taken it on track :) and it doesn't cost ££££ to change tyres/brakes/fluids etc after one or two track days...

I had a Cayman S for a while and I got bored of it after a 6 months, just like my list of other fast cars :)

before you part company why not go to a club meeting or two, join other members for a group blat, do a track day or two then make your mind up

these days I would say 90% of my driving is with other club members and the social always makes it worthwhile

failing that just go and by the Porsche :d

• Like 1

[quote why not go to a club meeting or two, join other members for a group blat, do a track day or two then make your mind up

:d

What Cleggy says - you will only really feel the pleasure of driving a westy when you push your limits on the track (the cars limits will be well beyond yours on your first track day). After that a Porsche will feel dull.

had a porsche 996 cs2 ,bored the crap out of me ,just another car ,dont get me wrong it went like stink and pulled like a train but was just another everyday car and it didnt excite me at all ,lasted a week

the clio sport im selling puts a bigger smile on my face than the porsche ever could or did ,every drive in the clio makes me smile and chuckle

I've had an extensive list of cars. I've had 36 in total and I'm 33 years old. My Clio 200 was fun in the twisties, but far too slow in a straight line.

My last car was an M135i.

Im very used to fast cars, and driving fast on track and as fast as I possibly can get away with on the roads. I'm just missing something with the Westy.

Can't put my finger on it.

I've been for a couple of blast with my mate who now has guests old car.

I have more fun driving my Yeti daily to it's extreme comedy body rolling limits.

Deako, you need a cross flow mate - will cure all desire for any other engine/car combo  :yes:

there not for everyone :)

is it lacking in power or setup?