Croft sprint videos

FILFAN

A few dodgy lines but I'm happy with my first visit there and the first outing with the rebuilt engine.

Looking good :t-up:  When you out again?

Will have to put Croft in the diary for next season.

I couldn't see much wrong with those lines, Phil! :t-up:  :t-up:

But how come you are still in novice class, when you won it last year? :d  :d

I couldn't see much wrong with those lines, Phil! :t-up:  :t-up:

But how come you are still in novice class, when you won it last year? :d  :d

not won the novice championship

Thats good Phil

Maybe a little wide at "Sunny In" but very smooth run 

Hi All

Great day at croft

Here is my last timed run!

What were those tyres doing in the middle of the road :cry:

It was my fastest time too :angry:

My best run here

I recorded my run with my Android phone using the racecrono app and then used race render to add the speeds etc.

Great Day all and well done the Phil fantastic time! Next time you can take the tyres out so I can warm my tyres :d

The things you do for team mates :p

Shiny Spanners Rule!

Calling all racing guru`s

Be Nice please I`m a novice!

what went wrong? :p

Nice buddy and thx for the extra lap but I'm sure the benefit of warm tyres was lost while waiting for the timing equipment to be reset :)

It looks like you may have been a bit eager on the throttle followed by over correction setting you off slapping. When I'm similar situations myself when the car starts to swing back the other way I have just let go of the wheel and the car sorts its self out. Infact I had an almost exact same thing at blyton last year on my first timed run. I let go the car settled down and I then drove around the rear of the timing gear. I'm no expert though and I think its just something that comes with experience as you discover the limits of your car.

As Phil said

At Westie 'drift' day the Instructors suggested let go of wheel as start to come back.

I don't think you have a very 'quick rack ' fitted ( although I may have got it wrong)

for sprints/hills you really need a 2-2/2-4 max (lock to lock), you cannot wind the lock off quick enough without one imho

Thanks woodman I agree a quick rack would help but my car is completely standard and is likely to stay that way.

Maybe I should have let the steering centre itself as Phil and Dave have mentioned.

Lee, a quicker rack will make a big difference & doesn't have to compromise road use.

I'm very pleased with the one BLiNK fitted in November and looking forward to using it on track.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_AMKz6AlpNQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>