It just gets worse!

jeff oakley

So after my run out in the sun Friday when I found my gearbox making strange noises. Yesterday I was ill and today removed engine and box to fit my spare one I loaned to a friend two years ago.

How disappointed am I to find the box is seized!! I don't know why or how as the guy who borrowed it is sound and would have said if he had a problem. So it is nice weather and out of two cars none on the road.

Never mind

I've a spare standard type 9 if thats what you are running if you wanted to borrow it until you are sorted Jeff 

The box that was in the car is a BGH 2.8 sporting, the spare box I had is a standard type nine. I will see what BGH say tomorrow and take it from there I have a road registered

track car so will probably tax that if they are going to take a long time.

Many thanks for your kind offer it is what this club excels at having great members willing to offer help to people who have never met.

I thought Type 9s were pretty bulletproof.  I've been trying to break one for 16 years,  but I'm known to be a gentle driver   :d  

Jeff, My experience with Brian (or Chris) is that he will suggest you bring it in and he will sort it for you while you wait. I know it's a long way but may be the best option.

Hi Norman,

I am going to call him first thing this morning. I have had nothing but great service from them in the past so I hope they can sort it out quickly. It was really strange the box started to make a noise on the overrun in fifth gear and this got quickly worse, It feels like there is a lot of transmission shunt and now the box is out if you hold the first motion shaft and tail shaft there appears to be a lot of  free movement, we will see.