Car wanted/ advice please

Ah1234

Hi it's time to buy a westfield. I was thinking something with 2.0 zetec (there a couple on autotrader and one with a 1.8). I have read most of the FAQ's and some of the buying tips but I would welcome advice from those "who have" . I am looking at spending about £7,500 and would like a well built reliable example rather than a project preferably near Bedford though I am prepared to travel for the right one. Any advice on what to look for, avoid, reliable dealers, questions to ask etc. would be appreciated.

All the best

Adrian

95% road with maybe a track day once or twice a year. I had a call about a 1.8 zetec ( the green 2012 one on autotrader) do you think i would be making a mistake rather than waiting for a 2.0?

The 1.8 looks to be on throttle body's as the 2.0 lts are on carbs. If you want less maintenance and a car that could be less work to run in tune the the newer 1.8 might be better . Its always dificult to tell just by looking on the net and some of the cars advertised are lacking in info. The best advise is to look as many cars in your budget as you can. Or get along to your local area meeting ans see what is most important to you

There's a guide to where all the Areas are, and where the local meets are held here

You look to be about in the middle of three areas, though Herts, Beds & Bucks is perhaps the nearest, Matt Hillam is the Area Organiser. Northamptonshire, AO Richard Botterill is probably next nearest, then Cambridgeshire, AO Clark Howe.

You will be more than welcome at an Area meet, and please don't feel you only have to attend one! Visit as many as you like, you'll find plenty of like minded enthusiasts eager to help you spend your money ;) and at this time of year, we'll be starting to see more and more cars coming out of hibernation, to have a look at. Many owners are also only to happy to have an excuse for a quick run, so passenger rides aren't usually a problem.  :yes: 

Hi there - welcome :-)

Your very welcome to pop along to the next meeting or message/email/phone me

I am on my hols at the moment but will be back soon

Cheers

Thanks for all the help to date. I am going to try and keep my money in my pocket until I can get along to a meeting or 2 and figure out what's best for me. That being said I am off to see the 1.8 this morning and f you know of anyone from your local areas that is in the market with a car that you think will fit the bill please let them know about me.

All the best

Adrian

Bear in mind that the National Kit Car Show at Stoneleigh is only three weeks from today, hundreds of Westfields and their owners in one place, worth considering waiting until then before purchasing so you can get lots of ideas and make comparisons.

What Scott said! Many that are considering selling, specially the really good cars that will see high demand, will be aiming at Stoneleigh to sell, now we're so close.

Northants area meeting is at Sywell Aerodrome tonight _ 20 minutes from Bedford and I think a few cars will be out looking at the weather - my cross flow car will be :-) 

Hi Adrian,  from Essex.     I feel a 1.8 Ford/Mazda or even a 1.6 Vauxhall would fit your bill given that it's for mainly the road.  If you are of average stature you'll have no problem finding a car that you fit in to, one of the criteria for choosing a ready to go Westfield. Visiting Stoneleigh and area meets has just fallen nicely for your quest.