Car Weights - what's yours?

cjdad76

582Kg in full touring spec and with all the comfy luxuries of hood, screen doors, spare wheel, carpets and a full tank of fuel :)

ETA: And 640kg with a driver :d

Not sure about the car but you win lightest driver  :p

Hellski - how very dare you!!!  Nope , it was built by Phil Newall and it has lots of carbon and leightweight bits on it - magenesium wheel and slicks for example - it only has one seat and isnt road legal BTW 

Sounds fantastic and I drooled over the sales ad when first listed :t-up: I look forward to seeing it in the flesh James :cool:

582Kg in full touring spec and with all the comfy luxuries of hood, screen doors, spare wheel, carpets and a full tank of fuel :)

ETA: And 640kg with a driver :d

Mine weighed in at 610Kg at IVA, with carpets, screen, RAC rollbar, spare wheel, jack and brace and a full tank of fuel

So very similar to yours - is the 1.6 engine really over 20kgs lighter than the 1.8? ???

The driver certainly is :laugh:  :laugh:

Mine weighed in at 610Kg at IVA, with carpets, screen, RAC rollbar, spare wheel, jack and brace and a full tank of fuel

So very similar to yours - is the 1.6 engine really over 20kgs lighter than the 1.6? ???

The driver certainly is :laugh:  :laugh:

it's the drivetrain as a whole which makes the difference. Smaller and lighter engine, smaller diameter prop, 6.5" CW diff as opposed to 7" and smaller diameter front brakes.

My Mazda SDV 1800 was 570kg on IVA paperwork. I'd expect it to be marginally lighter now, but not much.

My Mazda SDV 1800 was 570kg on IVA paperwork. I'd expect it to be marginally lighter now, but not much.

That makes me wonder whether all the IVA scales are accurate :oops:

I dont believe your car would be 40kg lighter than mine was at IVA, very similar builds

That makes me wonder whether all the IVA scales are accurate :oops:

I dont believe your car would be 40kg lighter than mine was at IVA, very similar builds

If it was weighed the same as mine was at SVA then they only weigh one axle at a time.  The car is inclined on the scale so the result is skewed slightly from it's true figure. 

mine weighed 420kg at SVA :d:oops:

You can't always go on the weight of the car at IVA as they just weigh each axle weight then add them together, thats one of the reasons we get such a big variation in claimed car weights

When I had one of my previous kit cars SVA'ed, it weighed 447kgs, but when it was actually weighed with all four wheels of the ground, it was infact 485kgs.

oop's typed too slow

Edited by Fishcake

Hellski - it will be out soon - hopefully doing some runway testing next month. :-) 

I'll get it to a weigh bridge at some stage for a more accurate weight. :)

My 1800 Mazda SDV was 625kg when it had its geo done.

Ditto - I must have the heaviest cross flow in the world - went out once with a mate who is 18 stone to my 16 stone - bottomed out quite a bit…..

S2000 car with standard S2000 gearbox,aeroscreen,tillett seats weighed in 564kg with half a tank of fuel 573.5kg with a full tank