Car Weights - what's yours?

cjdad76

You beat me to it Pete :angry:

Mighty Cross flow with full tank 550kgs 

Blade - apparently 397kg :)

When i bought mine it was weighed by Track Developments at 635kg. That was with spare wheel, tool kit, screen, heater, full weather gear, standard padded seats, radio & 6x9 speakers plus a full fat size battery. I'm hoping it will be a LOT less than that now as (from memory) i took off about 60kg of stuff. 550kg is what i hope it will be at most but i want to get it down to 500kg if possible in the future.

Caterham BDR, 220 bhp and 507 kgs with half tank and all oil and water.

Full carbon body helps...... then I get in.

There is a thread from a year ago with over 100 replies..   "How Heavy Is your Westfield"

Anyone know why it won't let me paste the link in here?

Mighty Cross flow with full tank 550kgs 

Blade - apparently 397kg :)

367kg :oops:  :oops:  does it have a carbon chassis and constructed by NASA, or is that just the weight of the driver and you've forgotten to include the car :p  :p

Sorry team mate, I couldn't help myself :laugh:  :t-up:

Hellski - how very dare you!!!  Nope , it was built by Phil Newall and it has lots of carbon and leightweight bits on it - magenesium wheel and slicks for example - it only has one seat and isnt road legal BTW 

2012 2.0L Zetec Blacktop with Jenvey TBs, FW bodywork, heated screen, heater, carpets, Sports Turbo seats, RAC Roll Bar, etc 625kgs when corner weighted at NMS with a full fuel tank (~20 kgs) just before going on the Rolling Road. Since then I've fitted a front ARB chassis brace, rear ARB and a TTV Racing 3.7 kg Flywheel so I guess the car is still ~625 kgs.

James ex Barney blade is also a live axle car so saves weight on sierra diff

Apologies if repeating a previous topic - did search but that thread never came up.

How did I end up with such a heavy weight?? Seem to have the 2nd heaviest car out there??????? Seems the heater in mine must way about 100Kg...........

Quicksilver - drive home was fun - roads a bit slippy mind and car was filthy from all the muck on the roads!!  Only had to stop twice for the car to drink another 4litres of coolant though.  Now sitting feeling sorry for itself with it's leaky coolant hose - haven't had the time to tackle the reaplacement yet......... Oh and smashed my front number plate dropping off a step pushing it into my garage!!

Speakers in a westfield , there's optimism....

The stereo never worked during my ownership but the previous owner (and builder) toured Europe in it and reckoned with the hood up it was kinder on the ears than the exhaust drone. Hmmm

Use a helmet or earplugs

• Like 1

582Kg in full touring spec and with all the comfy luxuries of hood, screen doors, spare wheel, carpets and a full tank of fuel :)

ETA: And 640kg with a driver :d