Car Weights - what's yours?

cjdad76

As I am new to ownership, and having just spent a day with my car (thanks to the Cotswold owner's club!!) on the rolling road and being corner weighted / suspension geometry check.  I was surprised to find my car was 80Kg lighter than stated on the V5.  However, I've also noticed that it is considerably heavier than some of the weights people have quoted on here when discussing their cars.

I'm sure there is a wide variation on weights based on engine, chassis, trim and other components selection etc.etc., but I'm interested in how big the range is.

To start this off, min is below:

2002 SEIW, 2.0 Zetec = 642Kg (not including me!)

Anyone else.............. time for the bike engined bunch out there to show off maybe??

2004 SEIW, 2.0 Silvertop Zetec with full cage and 10ltrs of fuel = 577KG

From memory... 1990 SEiW with 1800 zetec - 520kgs with half a tank, no heater, carpets, weather gear or boot box, one race seat (the passenger side was just 2 lumps of foam) :oops:

you will get answers from 400kgs (yes, really) up to over 700kgs for the full touring/luxury versions 

Also from memory c.648Kg  - SEiW Pinto powered and type 9 gearbox.

Mine was 616kg with a full tank , 2.1Pinto SE live axle type 9 box.

How was the journey home?

My old Aeroscreened car with XE engine, no heater, WF Sports Seats, light weight battery etc plus full tank of fuel was 585 kg on BLiNK's corner weight scales. (We never recorded the figure for the last version of the car with windscreen/heater/JK seats etc)

The Honda will be a heavy beast. It's already a heavy engine and 'box, plus it's being built as a tourer.

Are you sure your not looking at the standard "plated" weights on the V5?

402kgs on my sprint blade but there are lighter cars ( well at least one!)

• Like 1

2.0 Duractec - Aeroscreen and track orientated. 562kg with half a tank. 

How do you stop it blowing away?

I've never had my car on the scales, but would love to out of curiosity. I just hope it comes in below 600kg.

That 402kg is impressive, I bet it wasn't cheap to make it THAT light.

501kg 2008 megablade with areoscreen and a full tank. Was when I was at playskool get my geo done. Have added a wee bit of powder coating since then :blush:

Circa 620kg for my 2000 SEW 2ltr Zetec with windcreen and full tank, excluding me.

How do you stop it blowing away?

Terry gets in it... :arse:     :t-up:     :laugh:

• Like 2