TAKE A PICCIE - WIN FREE WESTFIELD PARTS!

Captain Colonial

Sorry to shout gents, but those of you not paying attention to the latest issue of Westfield World have overlooked the Westfield Amateur Photographer of the Year competition.

There's £50 in parts or accessories from Westfield Sportscars available to win each quarter, plus another £100 for the overall 2014 winner - that's a total of £300 the factory is giving away in prizes to WSCC Members. :yes:

To be blunt here, if you don't take a few seconds to take a photo and send it in to have a chance at winning at least £50 worth of bits, then you're as mad as a box of frogs! :rolleyes:  :suspect:  :durr:

I'm going to send in photos every quarter myself! :cool: (As a matter of fact, why did I tell YOU?  Ignore this and I'll scoop the lot!)

You gotta be in it to win it, so pull your finger out and snap today! :t-up:

Download the attachment below for more details and enter today!

• Like 1

To quote from the pdf:

"we're looking for pictures that depict
every aspect of living with a Westfield, from building a
kit, to driving it on the road, to competing on the track, to
exhibiting at shows. Literally, anything that sums up just
what it means to own and enjoy a Westfield."

How about pictures of:

Sucking the blood from skinned knuckles after the spanner slips :cry: ,

Someone asking you "Is it a Caterham/Robin Hood/Lotus?" :rolleyes:

Someone reading the boardroom,

The sheet of water from a puddle heading for your passengers face (aeroscreen!) :o ,

Aproaching a petrol station with the gauge on empty again.

Waiting for the recovery truck :(

Any more?  Jen

I could send in a picture if the car I bought when I sold the westie - would that win ??

:)

To quote from the pdf:

"we're looking for pictures that depict

every aspect of living with a Westfield, from building a

kit, to driving it on the road, to competing on the track, to

exhibiting at shows. Literally, anything that sums up just

what it means to own and enjoy a Westfield."

How about pictures of:

Sucking the blood from skinned knuckles after the spanner slips :cry: ,

Someone asking you "Is it a Caterham/Robin Hood/Lotus?" :rolleyes:

Someone reading the boardroom,

The sheet of water from a puddle heading for your passengers face (aeroscreen!) :o ,

Aproaching a petrol station with the gauge on empty again.

Waiting for the recovery truck :(

Any more?  Jen

...Picture of empty wallet

• Like 2

How about this ?

I'm sure I left my wallet in there somewhere, get the feeling I'm gonna need it  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

2013-10-05134032.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's a month since the Spring edition of Westfield World (with the photo competition announcement) was published - so far I've received entries for this competition from the grand total of ...er,.. two members...

Come on guys and girls, the sun's shining, un-SORN your cameras and get snapping away.

You have until May 16 to get your entries in for the first round of the competition. That's just five weekends away.

Peter Osborne

Editor, Westfield World

"we're looking for pictures that depictevery aspect of living with a Westfield, from building akit, to driving it on the road, to competing on the track, toexhibiting at shows. Literally, anything that sums up justwhat it means to own and enjoy a Westfield."

I could take a picture of my V8 Westy sat in my garage waiting for body work.

Ordered from Westfield over 3 months ago and still waiting. So can't say I am enjoying the ownership bit.

• 2 weeks later...

just about to send a few over :t-up:

• 2 weeks later...

BTTT reminder that the deadline for this quarter is Friday 16th May - I'm sure many of you have piccies after Stoneleigh, so please enter today - thanks. :)

I stopped being a professional photographer two years ago, does that make me an amateur now?

Can you confirm receipt of my email?

Can you confirm receipt of my email?

I can't personally as it's Peter Osborne that the emails are going to, not me.  If you email him again at editor@wscc.co.uk with the photo (just to be sure) and request a confirmation or receipt, I'm sure he'll be happy to do so. :)

ONE WEEK TO GO GENTS - GET SNAPPING! :)

TODAY IS THE FIRST DEADLINE - GET THOSE PHOTOS SENT IN! :)

For those who think they don't have a chance, consider this - the odds of winning £25 on the National Lottery tomorrow night are 53-1, and it will cost you £2.  At the moment, he odds of winning £50 worth of Westfield parts for upgradeitis are substantially better than that and will cost you £0.

And here's the really galling bit - imagine you get the Summer issue in the post, and the winning photo isn't as good as the one you didn't send in.  Own goal or what?

Get it in an email and do it today! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Round 1 of the competition is over and the winner is Andrew Dixon.

Congratulations Andrew, your £50 voucher should be with you soon.

Round Two is now open and the closing date is August 15th.

PLEASE READ THE RULES - particularly Rule 1 and Rule 6 - if your picture does not include a Westfield, or is low resolution/small size then it won't be considered.

Be sure to include your name, postal address and WSCC membership number, together with a contact phone number/e-mail address, and some information about the photograph - where/when it was taken, details of the car/cars/people in the pic etc.

Now we have a winner (a very worthy photo) is there any chance to post the other entries? I'm sure there were great photo's to choose from which otherwise will not see the light of day.