First Track Day - which one?

cjdad76

Just bought a Westfield and I'm looking to get booked onto a track day - but the question is which one??

- I live in Worcester and likely to be driving the car there rather than trailering (is this sensible), so needs to be reasonably close

- I'd prefer a proper circuit rather than an airfield

- Would prefer a Westy only one if this is possible - just so I can meet similar people / cars, not Ferrari toting maniacs.

Any suggestions?

Donington (closer - and lots of fun) or Bedford (safer - with plenty of n00b run off)

If you book Bedford GT, everything will pass you on the straights, just don't fret about it.

You won't find too many Ferraris on trackdays, even fewer driving like maniacs! It's the turbo-nutter boys and the rice-racers that tend to be the biggest issue...

Have a search for user Steve H, who is looking to organise and collaborate trackdays for the benefit of fellow members.

As a general rule, the more expensive the day, the fewer maniacs there are. I prefer and would recommend open pit lane format over sessioned days, even for a beginner. It may seem like a good idea to be grouped with fellow drivers with (self-proclaimed) skill levels, in reality it can be quite frustrating, even dangerous on occasion. And remember not everyone will have a car as capable as yours (in fact most won't) on the day, so better to get out with a less manic, more mixed track of ability and speed. Just keep looking in the mirrors, concentrate on corner positioning control and speed (and don't be intimidated in the corners, no one is allowed to pass there...) and you will be fine - the rest will drop into place...:)

cjdad76 I am not too far from you (Bristol) and am looking to do something similar soon! Had the Westfield about 3 weeks now and need to get out there. Let me know what you find/decide to do and I may co-join.

What about Llandow?

Thanks Terry - I'll add that one to my circuit list as I've not heard of that one before!

The first track work I did in mine was a Curborough on a day organised by the Warwickshire AO. It was a good way to get some experience of driving on a track without the worry of other cars. 

Bedford is a great place to learn. Plenty of run off.

Just make sure your car passed the noise test, it's normally 101DB - Car Engined Cars will pass with no problem.

It's a great circuit and  not too for fro Worcester. Donny is also great but can be quite a challenge for a first timer (I love it - one of the best)

Of course, if your feeling flush…Silverstone is great. 

Bedford is good but as it's quite a quick circuit ou may feel a bit out of your depth if there's lots of really quick supercars there - Would definitely recommend it though :t-up:

popped my cherry there and had a great day :d

I`m in Gloucester and looking to do the same, Llandow seems to tick all of the boxes. Good if a few of us could hook up for this.

• Like 1

do the WSCC or Curborough Sprint School - i did and havent looked back, apart from going into the chicane at Castle Coombe where i always check my mirrors.....  I would heartily recommend speed series to all westfield owners - its great fun and exceptional value for money at £25 quid a whole year of action AND a T-shirt  :yes:

Would like to do the WSCC Sprint next year - wanted to bed in the Westfield experience on the road this year a bit first.

awesome Crisis Wolf - you be most welcome in the Speed Series with "Team Crisis Wolf" :yes:

awesome Crisis Wolf - you be most welcome in the Speed Series with "Team Crisis Wolf" :yes:

Haha sounds good to me!!!  :cool: