car lifts

pete g

Hello all

Well, you may be surprised to find this thread about car lifts moved from The Start Line to Sponsors & Traders.  Let me explain. ;)

It started off innocently enough with opinions being sought on car lifts, but as happens on occasion, it started to morph into a possible bulk buy, this one organised by Norman.  A decision was made that as he's a WSCC Trader, albeit primarily in holidays at his French gites, he's entitled to start an online offer for car lifts (and other accessories) as well, as long as it's in the Sponsors & Traders area.

Being in this area prevents people from other forums joining us for 30 days / 50 posts to jump on the bandwagon, but not contributing anything to the club and causing the MemSec (me now, Mark Redpath in just over a week) lots of administration problems, as only full WSCC Members can see items in this area.

It was thought easier (if slightly less elegant) to move the thread rather than cause confusion by asking Norman to start a new thread.  (Obviously if he gets sufficient interest and wants to start a new thread, he can.)

Hope that explains things - we now return you to your normal program already in progress. ;)

• Like 1

Scott, no problem. It doesn't look like it'll fly. I've had two requests for the full details. I'm not surprised.

No one can say you didn't try! :(

Sorry Norman, as you know I am interested but the overall height is still a stumbling block. My Good Lady would not take kindly to the top of the posts poking up through the sitting room floor! :(

JFDI, she'll understand. You can put little chintz covers over the tops with lamps on them. Should look good.

I think the smaller mobile ones are just worth having. They will lift the car higher and quicker than a jack and axle stands but it's not like you're doing it 10 times a day (lifting the car, that is). 

I use my race jack and get axle stands under the front wishbones. Then raise the car again and get the longer axle stands under the chassis rail near the engine mounts. The rears go under the cross point of the rear suspension (Caterham De-Dion).

I can get under and no restrictions whereas with the scissor lifts the car would be higher and get there quicker but I would have the scissor frame in the way.

Never mind, nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

There may be interest from other clubs but if no one on here wants them there's little point in working for someone else.

can he get the max jax type  lift . I believe they are probably made in china. like most things from the usa.

Pete, the MaxJax doesn't look like one of the Chinese range. I think they're a US manufacturer, the name is familiar.

If it is manufactured in the US and is not imported here it will probably not have a CE certificate. Their dealer list does not include any in Europe.

If you do buy one from the US, our customs may well refuse entry and you may lose it. I can't remember if you have to pay to return it or they just confiscate it.

max jax  is imported . and ce approved. but new ce rules means it being redesigned  for the approval but should be available again soon was told September.

uk importer  is in essex

OK, well that's the one to go for. See if they'll do a BB. I'll manage it from here if there's enough interest.

• 4 weeks later...

HI All,

Norman has done some more work on getting a lift offer for members. Please note that Norman is no longer a WSCC member for his own reasons, hence me posting this. This is therefore nothing to do with WSCC and any contract is between the member and Norman.

Hopefully there will be a picture below of the unit.

Jeff

Jeff & Nick,

I've put a car lift from China on the webb.

This is from "have a nice day, Mr Ma"

Some on the Westfield forum were thinking of spending circa £1500 (if i remember correctly). this seems like far better value for home use.

I calculate that FOB Shanghai, plus dock and insurance costs and VAT it will be about £240 each. Usual arrangements will have to be made for collection and distribution.

Nick, can you post it on Blatchat for me, Please.

Jeff, just to let you know it’s on the net.

The link is http://www.lotus7news.co.uk/mini-lift.jpg

Thanks, chaps and if you can spread it around other car club forums we may get the minimum 30 units. Any more than than that and I may be able to get the price down.

I’ll have one, not sure how I’ll get it here, so only need 29 now.

Norman Verona

La Foie, 49520, Noellet, France

Tel. Home 0033 (0)2 41 92 73 44

Tel. Mob France 0033 (0)7 70 70 23 79

Tel: Mob UK 0044 7539 227788

Web: www.frenchblat.com

http://rs1074.pbsrc.com/albums/w404/spaximus1/MiniLifting_zps21035d06.jpg~c200

As Jeff has explained, this is strictly between the individual and the non-member supplier.  The contact details are above if someone is interested, and all enquiries should be directed towards the supplier listed above, and not discussed in the club forum, to which end this thread will now be locked and moved to External Ads.  The WSCC are in no way involved in this offer and as such offer our normal advice of caveat emptor, as we would in any similar circumstances.