2014 trackday date suggestions

SteveH

So I've been trying to get a bit of a suggested trackday timetable together for this year and this is what I've come up with so far -

April

17th (Thursday) Cadwell Park, MSVT (these days tend to be pretty quiet so there's a good chance of some decent open track time  :t-up: , this is the day before Good Friday so a nice way to stretch the Easter weekend and there is bike racing on over the weekend so the trackday shouldn't be rammed with racers testing)

May

13th (Tuesday) Brands Hatch Indy, MSVT (this is listed as a road car only day so should be reasonably well behaved and with no lairy racers, I'd have to confirm that they wouldn't be awkward about any westies that are a bit more track biased but I can do this if there's some interest)

23rd (Friday) Knockhill, thread already running on forum

June

7th (Saturday) Croft, RS Owners day, set up by Jeff C, reserves list only.

17th (Tuesday) Oulton Park, RMA (RMA days allow overtaking on both sides and are perhaps not suitable for nervous novices but I recently did a day at Donny with them and was very impressed by how well it worked and how much respect was given by everyone on track)

28th (Saturday) Anglesey GP, Circuit Days (bit of a run for most of us but an amazing track and usually a good excuse to camp over so a good social event)

July

11th (Friday) Blyton Park, WSCC Annual Trackday

18th (Friday) Rockingham, Circuit Days (bit close to the club day but there aren't many chances to get to Rockingham with their higher noise limit)

August

15th (Friday) Mallory Park, Javelin

September

3rd (Wednesday) Snetterton 300, MSVT

October

17th (Friday) Cadwell Park, Trackaction Online 

November

12th (Weds), Oulton Park, Trackaction Online

It's a list of suggestions so please comment up about any you do or don't fancy, I haven't put prices up yet as I'd hope to get some discounts off most of them if there's some group interest  :) .  I've included a couple that are already on the forum as they are clearly getting some interest and I've tried to get a mix of organisers and circuits, the only repeat being Cadwell which is well worth two visits a year anyway!  

I am conscious that a lot of the circuits are a bit north but that's where the best tracks are  :d and a lot of the southern or midlands tracks are noise limited.  If there's interest in 98db days then there are some good options at Donington, Bedford and others but I think we'd be ruling out the majority of the cars that we usually bring out on circuit which is why I haven't included them.  If there are any airfield days that are being run by local AOs please let me know and I can add them on to the list. 

If you haven't taken your car on track yet then this is the perfect chance to get some help and advice on your first days out, if we can get good numbers for some of these days we will be able to get better prices in future so it's down to you guys how well it works!

Steve H

Some good tracks there Steve, Rockingham is of particular interest to me to try again and I've never done Snett so would be looking to do that as well.

Oulton, Cadwell and Anglesey, if circumstances allow then I'd be up for them naturally.

I would love to do donnington but doubt I will be below 98db

Some great tracks there Steve, should be a very good track season.:d :D

Any chance of one at Woodbridge, its a very nice airfield venue for beginners and well liked by the Essex crew.

Find us a date Pete and we'll slot it in there, I don't really have much to do with airfield stuff so would welcome suggestions.

Probably up for the april Cadwell.

Can't do Knockhill, Already booked on Croft and quite fancy the Anglsey day at the end of June.  This means The RMA day at Oulton would be pushing it a bit. I Would also do the WSCC day at Blyton.

Might be up for Rockingham although thats a bit soon after Blyton. I do fancy Mallory and Snet though.

• Like 1

I am conscious that a lot of the circuits are a bit north but that's where the best tracks are  :d and a lot of the southern or midlands tracks are noise limited.  If there's interest in 98db days then there are some good options at Donington, Bedford and others but I think we'd be ruling out the majority of the cars that we usually bring out on circuit which is why I haven't included them.  If there are any airfield days that are being run by local AOs please let me know and I can add them on to the list. 

Some down South (Donnington would be included just) circuits such as Castle Combe or Thruxton would be good! Or otherwise airfields in the area (South/Midlands)

Yes - I am South West, can you tell? 

Some down South (Donnington would be included just) circuits such as Castle Combe or Thruxton would be good! Or otherwise airfields in the area (South/Midlands)

Yes - I am South West, can you tell? 

You don't type with an accent  :d

Donny, Combe and Thruxton all have noise issues I'm afraid but Brands, Rockingham and Mallory are all south of Donny so there are some options on there.  

As I said above, i don't really have anything to do with airfield days so would have to take suggestions on that.

I'm definitely up for the RMA day Steve - I've already booked the day off work! 

Excellent, anyone else up for this?

As I said above, i don't really have anything to do with airfield days so would have to take suggestions on that.

I know little of airfield days either short of finding some on track day organizer sites.

How about sprints?

Most of the main TDOs don't run on airfields but there are some like MSE that do, for sprinting have a look elsewhere on the forum as the club does run a well supported sprint series.

TDOs - Track Day Organisers? 

I've just mapped out circuits and airfields within 2 hrs drive from 'home'

Castle Combe
Hullavington (Airfield)
Colerne (Airfield)
Keevil (Airfield)
Abingdon (Airfield) 
Thruxton
Pembray
Donnington [120mi, 1:54]
Silverstone [100mi, 1:58]
Mallory Park [118mi, 2:00]

As you said, most of these have events on MSE which must be based more around this area. I've only driven the car for 1:30 max so far which was driving her back on Day 1.

Find us a date Pete and we'll slot it in there, I don't really have much to do with airfield stuff so would welcome suggestions.

Sorry for the radio silence on this one, will have a word with our regular track dayers and see if if they have any preferences.

• Like 1