Guess what... no longer a Westie wanted!

Quinten

Yes, why else post a Wanted post ;)

I've got a budget of £6,000, which is a little less than I would like to spend, but alas, until I win the Euromillions, it's all I got.  I've not got many demands, but a widebody is a must.  From experience, and the fact I am 6'5, a Westfield with a race chassis is unsuitable.  No longer care what seats are in it, as I'll be foaming my own (see what I did there? ;)).  Would prefer orange/yellow/bright green bodywork, but again, no problem if you have something else.  I do prefer a black interior.

he's back  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

• Like 1

great news - the force is strong in the tall one  :d

• Like 1

Westie fever strikes..................again ..................welcome home Quinten and happy hunting for your new car  :yes:

• Like 1

Theres quite a few cars out there at the moment Q - won't be long before you are blatting - coming to sywell monday night? 

Missing it already!? I enjoyed the hunt, you should get a decent x-flow, pinto or redtop car for that tjo I did see a bike powered one for £6500 before Christmas!

• Like 1

Theres quite a few cars out there at the moment Q - won't be long before you are blatting - coming to sywell monday night? 

Can't make it this time unfortunately.  Am installing proper lighting in the garage and got lots of tidying to do once I finish that.

That one was about when I was looking Quinten. I was going to actually take a look but bought mine few days earlier.

The seller seemed a nice genuine chap. Only thing put me off is the live rear axle and lack of boot box lid. CVH easy upgrade later at that price.

I used to have a cvh engine car and its a great little engine

CVH can be a cracking engine in the Westfield.

On that particular car; looks pretty, but I'd want to see more photos, or have a closer look at it. It may just be that the cockpit area is a big grubby, but in the pictures, it looks like there's a hell of a lot of wear on the chassis cross members in front of your feet for the claimed milage. Like I say though, it may just be mud!

Also, in the cockpit area, it sort of looks like there's a diagonal chassis tube just showing under the left hand side of the dash. Again, it could be something else. But if it is a chassis tube, diagonals here, (there would be one on the drivers side too) normally mean it's a race chassis. Something very unusual to see in a pure road car.

That one was about when I was looking Quinten. I was going to actually take a look but bought mine few days earlier.

The seller seemed a nice genuine chap. Only thing put me off is the live rear axle and lack of boot box lid. CVH easy upgrade later at that price.

I will have to read up on the live rear axle vs independent suspension. The ad doesn't mention this, so I take it this is what you've learned from speaking to the seller?

I used to have a cvh engine car and its a great little engine

But what sort of bhp/torque can I expect from this one?  If it's similar to the 130bhp(ish) of the silvertop zetec I had it's fine, but anything less and I'd probably be left wanting for more pretty quickly...

CVH can be a cracking engine in the Westfield.

On that particular car; looks pretty, but I'd want to see more photos, or have a closer look at it. It may just be that the cockpit area is a big grubby, but in the pictures, it looks like there's a hell of a lot of wear on the chassis cross members in front of your feet for the claimed milage. Like I say though, it may just be mud!

Also, in the cockpit area, it sort of looks like there's a diagonal chassis tube just showing under the left hand side of the dash. Again, it could be something else. But if it is a chassis tube, diagonals here, (there would be one on the drivers side too) normally mean it's a race chassis. Something very unusual to see in a pure road car.

I see what you mean about the cross members and the diagonal tubes...  Worth asking about, as it does look different than the road chassis I had...  it may be interfering with my leg if it is indeed a race chassis...

Yes Quinten it was in the original ad and he confimred it to me. It has discs on the rear tho. But in hindsight a live axle wouldn't bother me now these cars are all about character!

He did tell me the car was set up/built for racing too which may explain thr possiblity of the chassis.

Nothing put me off it I just found one nearer and loved it!

• Like 1

Whilst I wouldn't go out of my way to pick a live axled car, it certainly wouldn't put off at all.

A race chassis might be a problem if you're tall and have long legs, the brace runs from the transmission tunnel to upper crossmember joint diagonally across to the outer upper rail near the front of the scuttle. This puts it right over your knees/upper legs.

Try it and see, might be no problem for you, but make sure! Also be aware that many Westfield race chassis were made from a very slightly lighter gauge of steel. So check all over carefully.

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.