Recommend me somewhere for wedding anniversary?

TrophyJem

I mentioned to the better half that we could maybe go away for our wedding anniversary weekend and that it would be good to go in the westy.

Well she's agreed so I need to strike whilst the irons hot and get it booked, so the question is where to go?

It's not till July so hopefully the weather will be kind and I'll actually have the new engine in and be back on the road.

So please feel free to recommend westy friendly hotels ideally within a couple of hours strike of Cambridgeshire. Somewhere with some fun roads and places to explore over the weekend.

We like our creature comforts and I'd like to push the boat out a bit. Not millionaire level mind.

Cheers

Such a romantic, wish her in doors would be more forgiving with the westy, just turned down a run to Southport and a bag of chips. You just can't win sometimes.

Terry

maybe a bit further Jem but Wales is lovely for touring - Elan Valley etc

Get over there in three hours but weather can be a little temperamental over there  :laugh: 

Failing that how about the Lincolnshire Wolds - has some amazing roads and scenery as has the peak district

Amberly castle (hotel) near arundel not to far from Brighton

Whent there for our first night of honeymoon and taking our daughters there today as it's my oldests 16th

Not yo far from beulie car museum / goodwood etc

If you want details pm me

It's a bit flat round Norfolk and Lincolnshire. It's got to be Wales. The sun always shines here and the roads are quiet. Try this hotel Lake Vyrnwy

Cheers for the ideas, do keep them coming.

I can see Wales and Brighton being a non starter. My passenger may object to the distance, especially if the weather isn't good. The thing is we'll be going on a Friday evening after work (no early finish for me) and 3 hours would make it pretty late by the time we arrive.

I've done Norfolk to death really as that often ends up as our day's out. I do like that coast mind.

I'll take a look at the Lincolnshire Wolds.

Cheers

You would never get a Westie anywhere near Amberley Castle they have humps that even a normal car has difficulty with and the driveway south bound approach is at an impossible  45 degrees U turn with a severe drop. Sorry but I am a bit of an anorak  about parking and overnight security wherever we stay or whatever car we take.

• Like 1