Westfield Wanted

Deako

Hi All, I've made a couple of posts during a trial period, but now im definitely looking to purchase my first Westfield, so have paid up my membership and actively looking for a car.

What am i looking for?

Post 2000 Narrow or Wide (im not large) SDV with age related plate. Newer the better, but low mileage important.

No rust, chassis damage, clean and superb bodywork a must as well as reliable proven mechanicals.

Must haves

Engine: I will consider a BEC, but if not, then minimum is a 1.8 Zetec, ideally 2.0 Zetec, preferably on ITBs, but carbs considered. Just missed out on the Duratec that Yanto secured, i was 5 minutes too late. Duratec would be my ideal, but dreaming to think another like that will come along.

Drivetrain: Big stoppers nice to have. LSD essential.

Colour: Any colour considered

Details: Prefer stealthy look, black on colour is preferable to chrome on colour, but anything considered.

Safety: Roll bar a must, full cage considered, weather gear preferable.Aero screens considered, depends on the spec. Compromises can be made. Prefer a full windscreen.

Wheels/tyres: Prefer it to be rolling on something like 15" TD Pro Race with R888s, but anything considered.

Exhaust: Noise doesnt bother me.

Interior: Prefer comfy seats that can also support the use of 4 point harnesses. Carpetted interior preferably, but no crazy colour schemes. Black/grey ideal. Colour piping on seats acceptable or carpet edges. Heater preferred.

Location: Somewhere in the midlands would be ideal, but prepared to travel.

Budget: £9000-9500

I have been looking extensively for months at these cars, my best friend Rich A just secured a very good car with lots of carbon and a very expensive rebuild at the Westy factory for a really nice price. So i know what the pricing should be like for a given car.

Please let me know if you have what im looking for, or even if it doesnt tick all the boxes, ill still consider it.

Drop Tigbrother a pm

Does Rick still own the car? Noticed he put it up for sale in June last year. Looks very tidy though.

Nice wish list, very much mirrored my own when I was looking. Don't dispel a cx20e lump, I was impressed with the one I drove and certainly preferred it to a 1.8 zetec. My real preference was BEC and that's what I ended up with. Get yourself to some meets and cadge a few test rides when the weather improves, that really helped me and I ended up buying a car that I had been out in a month or so before.

Thanks all. Actually going to view a red top next Tuesday. Might be "the one". Will keep you updated.

I had the option of buying a Westy back in 2002 with red top which had been rebuilt. It was only £4k and at the time I just didn't have funds. Always regretted it.

If anyone has anything else of interest I'm still all ears. :)

Hi Deako

Yes I still own the car is going up for sale. Drop me a PM If you want any info.

I placed a deposit on TIGs car today. Thanks all for letting me know about the car and Rick for noticing the post.

Mark, I will send you a message about next Tuesday tomorrow if you read this. But you might not see it.

Well done - very nice car there :d

Well done - very nice car there :d

I'd agree with that :t-up: congrats Deako :cool:

Great purchase made there :)

• 2 weeks later...

So today I finally completed the purchase of TIGs car. Hopefully collecting it at some stage this weekend. I'll update once the deed is done. :)

Excellent, one competitor less on the market ;)

Enjoy yours!

It was a slightly different budget, but yes, one less all the same. :d I actually put the deposit down nearly 2 weeks ago, yikes, time flies. Just logistics getting in the way. Cant wait to pick it up on Saturday morning now.

Quinten theres a green vauxhall powered one up for £5300 and a red CVH for £5000 both on Autotrader...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.