LSD for English axle wanted.

dhutch

Before I part with my well-earn for a Quaife number?

Seems most on ebay are more than the cost new and have no history at all, but on the off chance someone has one they no longer require.

Daniel

I looked for over a year on here and fleebay before getting a new driveline lsd setup and fitted with new bearings from a contact I got off here Andy on 07891 604755

Good luck at finding one but might be worth considering

Andy on 07891 604755

WHo is, from a quick search, this guy: http://www.arrowautoengineering.co.uk/page4.htm

Any reason you went with the Driveline PlateDiff rather than the Quaife ATB? I understand Quaife have now bought tran-x and hence also offer a plate option.

Daniel

Yes that's him at arrow

His recommendation on a budget and I've heard nothing but good things about him he's also has a more adjustable option too, but it's a bit of a pain to remove to adjust

Under £600 fitted setup posted in under 2 weeks what's not to like

I've seen second hand units go for £550 on ebay unknown history ?????

Couldn't agree more  :t-up: be very careful buying second hand on fleabay, how can you possibly know what your getting  ;)

I've just bought a 3J NXG LSD for my live axle car, the reason I choose the slightly more expensive version of what Pickmaster has, is a wider choice of ramp angles.

No I'm no expert but I have spent a fair amount of time researching this before ordering. For my sins and at the advice of the guys at 3J I choose 40/90 on the ramps and a light preload 25-35lb IIRC.

The 40 deg on acceleration should come in progressively as you power out of a corner and the 90 deg on overrun should give little or no lock up ( much like an open diff ) as you enter a corner, so not push you on i.e. understeer, ideal for our light weight cars.

Well thats how I understand it, I'm sure if I have it wrong someone will soon put me right  :d

• 1 month later...

Yes that's him at arrow

His recommendation on a budget and I've heard nothing but good things about him he's also has a more adjustable option too, but it's a bit of a pain to remove to adjust

Under £600 fitted setup posted in under 2 weeks what's not to like

Just received a quote off Andy and with the recommended longer cwp bokts it's about £630. No mention of collection/delivery though so was this something you arranged yourself?

What diff oil did you use once you refitted it?

Hi

Castrol B373 diff oil

I paid postage out and about £9.99 return included in diff rebuild price

I did go for the diff with less options as I'm not going to be messing around with it once I'd fitted it

It's working very well I'm very happy with the setup :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I've just removed a 4.1 english diff with 3J NXG LSD Fitted (40/90 - 25lb preload)

I had it built by Andy at arrow this time last year. Its done 10 x 15 minute races and 5 qualifying sessions. PM me if its of interest to anyone. It'll be going in the classifieds this week

I'm changing classes this year and cant run an LSD anymore so Andy is building me an open diff right now

​The quality of his work is excellent. Can't recommend him enough.

PeteG is selling a whole english diff on here complete with lsd, any good??

I have sold the atb unit and 4.1 ratio  still have the tranx 3.9

This ad is now over a year old. I think he may well be sorted by now :p

So it is, now wonder he doesn't appear interested!

I've just removed a 4.1 english diff with 3J NXG LSD Fitted (40/90 - 25lb preload)

I had it built by Andy at arrow this time last year. Its done 10 x 15 minute races and 5 qualifying sessions. PM me if its of interest to anyone. It'll be going in the classifieds this week

PeteG is selling a whole english diff on here complete with lsd, any good??

I have sold the atb unit and 4.1 ratio  still have the tranx 3.9

There like buses!

But yes, having seen nothing for a long time, I bought a 4.1 Quafie ATB and a 3.9 CWP only in December.

Not yet in, but the plan is to drop the 4.1 in as it as and see how that goes, current diff is a 3.9 and the ratio works well but id the only one I have ever used in the car. So if needed I can swap to that.

I was very torn with the atb/plate debate for the use (road, autosolo, and hopefully some autotesting this year) but while the plate may be better for the autotesting the atb is better suited to the road and also lower maintenance which is a real consideration.

Time will tell!

Daniel

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.