Have You Remembered To Renew?

Captain Colonial

Today begins a very hectic annual period for the MemSec.  About 25% of members have their renewals due this month, which is interesting but unremarkable from an administration viewpoint, as the system is pretty much automated as long as the renewal is paid.

However, there are quite a few members during this period who fail to renew, due to forgetting about the reminder email; not receiving it because their spam filter grabbed it; changing their email address and not updating their profile; or a number of other entirely innocent reasons.

They then only realise their membership has lapsed when they can't post on the boardroom or don't get their magazine in February (or May if they're really busy and haven't noticed).

There's already been 13 members whose memberships have expired today alone, and more will come.

So if it's due - have you renewed?  A few quick tips:

> Sign in on the boardroom - if you're a full member and your User Name is shown in Grey at the very bottom of the screen, it's likely your membership has lapsed.  Click on your User Name and look at your profile, which will show your membership status.

> Take a look at this Membership FAQ - Click here - and look at Items #2, 3, 11 and 13 regarding renewals.  This should assist you greatly.

> If you're having trouble logging in, paying or any other issue that's preventing you from renewing, email me at membership@wscc.co.uk and I will be happy to assist you.

> If you don't want to renew online, I'll happily take a cheque in the post - fill in and return the form attached at the bottom.

I'm here to help you - and help relieve you of your money!  Thanks for your continuing support of the club and for reading this post.

Cheers,

Scott

2014 Membership Renewal Form (SY).pdf

I never did receive an renewal email - didn't get stuck in any spam filters either. ???

That was due to the email suffix of @wscc.co.uk getting stuck on a spamming blacklist for a day, due to the fact that about 200 renewal reminder emails were sent at the same time and someone or something thought we were bad people.  That's been sorted now, and the renewal invoices that were due but not yet paid were sent again.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminders....

Excellent job!!

Panda

Is there anywhere in the profile section when your signed in that you can see when your renewal is due Scott?

Not sure, but I've checked back of house, and your membership expires on the 11th of February, so soon time to renew!

Is there anywhere in the profile section when your signed in that you can see when your renewal is due Scott?

Yep, see Item 11 in the link in my first post. :)

Scott,

Cheque's in the post.....

I thank you good sir! :)

Thanks Dave and Scott, I'll get payment ready!

Where has the last twelve months gone!!!!!!

After swearing profusely at paypal pay by card option, I succeeded! Just remember to turn off private browsing or paypal keeps asking to sign up!

…and breathe!

After swearing profusely at paypal pay by card option, I succeeded! Just remember to turn off private browsing or paypal keeps asking to sign up! …and breathe!

Welllllllllllll...you kind of succeeded, Andy.  Instead of paying your £27.50 invoice for renewal, you bought a whole new membership at £30 instead.  To make things easier, instead of refunding you and making you do it all over again, I've added 33 days to your membership period, which now runs to 9 February 2015, and effectively giving you the renewal rate of £27.50.

if you get stuck next year (provided I'm re-elected in April, of course), just give me a bell and I'll sort it with you.  :)

Scott,

Cheque's in the post.....

Cheque received and renewal processed - many thanks, Ian :t-up:

Thanks Scott, that was quick! 

No problems!  It's easy on renewals, I just have to nip backstage and push a button to mark the invoice as paid, done in less than a minute. :t-up: