O/T hillman Imp rear wishbones & Driveshafts

Mark (smokey mow)

It's a massive long-shot :d but it's worth asking just in case :d

I'm on the lookout for a par of Hillman Imp Driveshafts, Drive flanges and rear wishbones for my JW4 build. If anyone happens to have any kicking around in their garages please get in touch else i'm off to ebay to start bidding.

TIA

Mark

wsccessex@btinternet.com

Might be worth trying imp paul on locostbuilders Mark . Theres another guy on there too but his name escapes me at the mo.

Thanks Criag, I'll drop him a PM on the off chance :)

Does anyone else have anything?

:t-up:

I am sure you already know it - but make sure they are the 1 inch thick ones - (off imp sport etc) as any smaller and they twist!!

Good luck - if you get really stuck I will ask around.

I had a shed load of Imp competition stuff when I rallied an ex works car - virtually gave it all away years ago....

Dave.

Thanks Dave, actually standard 7/8" shafts should be fine for what I'll be using them for. I've only got 34bhp, a 2cylinder bike engine and a car which weighs less than 200kg :d

Martin Parkes has a lovely imp, he's known as the pub crawler on here and uphill racers - he might be worth a shot as he's currently restoring an imp sprint car. I will look his number out tomorrow mark.

Cheers

James

Thanks James, I'm already pursuing a couple of potential leads but i'd be greatful for any other names/numbers, thanks :)

Try ringing Ben Boult at Corley Conversions

Theres a fella on here who recently restored an imp

Lives in bham and attends the cannock meet from time to time

Cant remember his name but has been a member for years - someone should know him

Thanks, I have a few bits on their way so hopefully I am now sorted :t-up:

Mate of mine has two complete cars in his lockup, both "runners" I believe. Quite like the tought of having one myself if I had anywhere to keep it.

If you are still short I can ask what he intends to do with them...

• 11 months later...

A bit late to this conversation - but if anyone have any pictures of "naked" JW4 ecpecially rear parts - please mail them to me

I just bought one and I am trying to find out some things

sven.bergman@glocalnet.net

Sven

Try ringing Ben Boult at Corley Conversions

I reckon he was my metalwork teacher in secondary school. He had an Imp hillclimber at the time as I can remember him showing me round it!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.