£5-8k Westfield wanted

Boombang

Have fun :cool:

Hope it's a better day down there  :down:  Heavy rain and high winds up here at the moment. Probably my fault too, as I need to spend the day doing the last bit of stripping on my old car. Doh. Sorry!  :blush:  :oops: 

I'll let you off just this one time as relatively excited.  

Dave is on the way to mine via Bernie's to pick up his trailer.  Plan is to tow back but Dave said if it's not raining hard he'll force me to drive it.

I'll let you off just this one time as relatively excited.  

Dave is on the way to mine via Bernie's to pick up his trailer.  Plan is to tow back but Dave said if it's not raining hard he'll force me to drive it.

If it's coming back on the trailer, don't use a loose car cover, the wind will rip it to shreds. use the proper car hood if available.   If you are driving it take care, these cars like a bit of aquaplaning.

Thanks Bernie, car came with a pop on cover that kept most of the water out.  Massive thanks for the loan of the trailer, really owe you.  I would have been invisible due to the spray so saved me a rough drive!

Thanks again to Dave who gave up a whole day to drive me up and tow the car back.  Whenever you need a hand just give me a shout.

Also thanks to those people who gave me advice through the buying process and for Chris having the car and parts all ready and wrapped up for when we arrived (and Barry for use off the toilet, thought Dave was going to burst).

photo_zps81257e2a.jpg

• Like 1

I can see this car going quite well at Woodbridge, roll on the nice weather.  Alex, hope you realise that all the neighbours and family will want their demo runs as well.

Hi Alex,

I hope the trip wasn't as bad as on the way up and was trouble free.

I'm sure the car will treat you well. If you end up in the speed series in the next few years I may see you around.

Cheers,

Chris

Trip back wasn't anywhere near as bad thanks (on the way up we came across a car with a front wheel hanging off, sat in the middle of the M1).

Is amazing how it took you one attempt to start it, I had three goes, failed and then had to jump it.  

First job therefore is a new battery (PVR 22, as a bonus saves another 5kg).

I hope you'll be bringing it along to the Lodge next month Alex :t-up:

Looks good BTW and I'm glad you've finally got one :)

22nd March I think is my first trip out but not to Combe - is a planned shake down at Woodbridge.

I will sit down and look properly at the calendar, work out what I can and want to try to do this year.

he sounds convinced about Woodbridge Bernie :d

he sounds convinced about Woodbridge Bernie :d

mmmmmmmmmmm,  fresh meat!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.