Road legal but predominantly track spec Widebody Westfield wanted

MilesH

Hi,

After spending the last 7 years in a Lotus Elise and only ever hiring westifelds for the occasssional track use I am finally taking the step to full purchase :)

I am looking for a predominantly track focused widebodied westfield but still must be road legal

I am after a 180bhp+ car - must be a solid reliable engine that can take the intended use on track.

The car must be track focused with the necessary modifications i.e. widetrack, LSD, good suspension etc. A lowered floor would be good, but not compulsory. 

I would like the option of using wet weather gear as it will not necessarily be trailored everywhere.

If you have or know of anything suitable please let me know.

Thanks

Miles

Miles there is a fast car on uphill racers right now for £12k - nice car

Thanks I'll take a look.

Edit - I've just had a look and unfortunately it's a narrow body :(

I'm not sure if a Busa would tickle your fancy, but I have one for sale at the moment? The only down-side is that it has a full cage, so standard weather gear is not an option.

The cage is a huge plus point for track use though.

It's a standard engine, so very reliable 180'ish bhp. They only get unreliable when you modify them.

Hi Frosty,

Thanks for the message. Unfortunately I am after a car engined Westfield specifically. Good luck with your sale :) 

I used to have an Exige, you won't be dissapointed with the change. Great value for money.

Good luck with the search

Thanks for the positive words, I have just sold my S1 Honda Elise, and after chasing many a Westfield around Castle Combe I'm looking to join the fold ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Just my 2c but I would not want a track orientated Westie if it did not have a full cage.  I would forget about driving in wet weather and go all out track spec!

• 4 weeks later...

Miles,

I am thinking of selling mine. I use it as a fast road car, but would make a great track car. Haven't written up the full spec yet but here are some details:

2 litre Zetec on twin 45s, 165bhp. Lower than you wanted, but I've driven with 200bhp cars and didnt see any difference!

Westfield trackday exhaust - repackable.

LSD fitted,

Brand new Toyo T1Rs fitted all round.

4 pot callipers fitted to the front.

RAC roll bar fitted - must for a trackday.

Aeroscreen fitted.

B6 Tillet seats with seat pads on runners - a set of these cost around a grand!!

Carbon fibre dash.

Carbon fibre half doors.

Full toneau modified to fit with half doors and aeroscreen.

Removeable steering wheel.

The car was originally fitted with full screen, and all mounting points are still there under the aeroscreen. I did it so I could swap between the two, but having driven with the aero I didn't want to go back. But, it could easily be swapped between normal screen and aero in about 10 minutes.... Great for track / road split. You would need to source a normal screen if you wanted to do this though.

It hasn't got a lowered floor, but the b6 seats are probably the lowest fitting seats you can get. In fact I have fitted the driver seat on spaces to lift it up by an inch as I felt it was too low....

Car is in fantastic condition, I honestly think people would struggle to find a similar speced car, with low mileage in the same condition for the same cash. Only selling as it doesn't get used enough.

I would be looking for £8200.

Let me know if you are interested, can post photos if needed....

Selling mine but track only, completed 2012 XE 208 hp jre engine straight cut quaife dog box only done 300 miles. Let me know if you're interested

• 7 months later...

Miles,

I have a 4.3L V8, giving 250 bhp, for sale it was built for the track but is now fitted with a standard roll over bar, it is very quick with four pot front brakes. I am asking £9-£10K. If you would like more details please email me ian@iclear.freeserve.co.uk

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.