my nomination:

The Egerton Arms
Knutsford Road
Chelford
Macclesfield
Cheshire
SK11 9BB

http://www.chelfordegertonarms.co.uk/

excellent food, car parking, kids mini play area, pool table,  westfield friendly.

• Like 1

Like the idea of this John, nice one - maybe as a Pinned thread in the Events area of the boardroom to add to, or even as a Google map?

I'm a little worried this could end up with intoxicated Westfield owners attempting to drive.

So please be sensible.

Goldy's Ale and Cider Bar,

Tiverton,

Devon,

EX16 6NH

http://eedcamra.wix.com/exeter1#!untitled/cssg

Opposite a large centre of town car park at 25p an hour parking. Small local pub, very nice atmosphere and amazing ask ales/ciders. No beer garden and chance of the odd delinquent from the recently finished flats opposite, but they soon move on.

The St Levan,

Plymouth,

Devon,

PL2 1JJ

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/90/9056/St_Levan_Inn/Keyham

Unfortunately there's no car park, so parking on the street. Local's are friendly I. The pub, no children will ever be allowed in. Paul's the landlord and has a reserved table, he drinks Bass and ensures the atmosphere is friendly. Ex Marine Physical Training Instructor, Falkland's veteran and reminds my of "Grand Dad" from "Only Fools and Horses".

I know many other pubs, none are family friendly and as I never drive to the pub I can't think of any with parking. Just good Ale!

Funny you say that. I thought it may have been me but when I enlarged it I saw who it was and it's not me.

This is a real pub, no food, no children, just 30 something ales. Eddie has now started a brewery but still has other brewers products. 

The inaugural Sheffield Area meeting was held there at the end of May. Next one will probably be next May :)

This is a real pub, no food, no children, just 30 something ales. Eddie has now started a brewery but still has other brewers products.

:)

:yes:

The Egerton Arms

excellent food, car parking, kids mini play area, pool table,  westfield friendly.

Really?  Has it changed hands recently?  I went there once a few years back and it was truly shocking.

The Bull's Head in Mobberley would probably get my vote.  Seems to have stolen the crown from the Roebuck (which has sadly gone down hill in recent years).

Been completely done up in the last twelve months. (We seem to be having a few pubs over hauled at the moment in this corner of Cheshire)

Interesting, Dave... might give it a look then.

The only thing I don't like is that all these places getting done up seem to be following a pretty strict "formula".

There's certainly a "type" of customer they're aiming for round here...

The Three Greyhounds has been done recently too, though hard to tell when we passed it on Saturday, has been gutted nealy inside from what I can see. Not bad for food either.

The Edgerton now is better than it was - even has a delicatessen attached, but it can still be a little variable from recent experiences. I will keep trying it though, as even on the days when we've not been quite as I pressed, it's still been OK!